Windows 10: How to force registry refresh?

Discus and support How to force registry refresh? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When doing changes like - adjusting the mouse cursor speed - setting the color settings of the nvdia display those things get saved within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stefanos, May 15, 2019.

1. Stefanos Win User

How to force registry refresh?

Hello,

When doing changes like
    - adjusting the mouse cursor speed
    - setting the color settings of the nvdia display
    those things get saved within the registry.

When I manually edit the registry, the values are there, but nothing changes.
    I always need to reboot so that Windows 10 reads them in.

Is there a way to force a registry refresh or at least for a specific part of the registry?
    Maybe it will take too long if Windows reads in everything again.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Stefanos, May 15, 2019
  2. GIGGLA Win User

Forced refresh rates? Help needed...

Hi try looking around in the Nvidia control panel for- "refresh rate overide" or something of that nature. I have ATI otherwise I would tell you exactly where to look.

If you don't see anything (I think Nvidia might not have this option). Then download this program called Refresh Force I use it all the time. But I must warn you this Refresh Force for me lists refresh rates higher than my monitor is supposed to use. Although the ones that are listed in Refresh Force which I know are to high "work" I know they are not supposed to be that high though.

So if you use Refresh Force make sure that you know the maximum refresh rate of your monitor first, then change all the ones that are above your maximum.

I think you might have to setup Refresh Force each time you update your video driver but maybe not. Refresh Force is really cool because it does'nt install as a program or run in the background either you just set it and forget it.

GIGGLA, May 15, 2019
  3. Win10 Email refresh?

Fine about refresh button. But how about auto refresh at regular intervals. You guys are experts in killing your own products. Come with regular product launches without testing them fully and cause forced inconveniences to Users.

Hats off Microsoft

MALLIKARJUNA BABUUV, May 15, 2019
  4. How to force registry refresh?

Win10 Email refresh?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Mail app.

• In top right corner you will find a refresh button

• Click on refresh button and check if it sync with the account

If the issue still persists I suggest you to provide us the screen shot of the issue.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 15, 2019
Thema:

How to force registry refresh?

1. How to force registry refresh? - Similar Threads - force registry refresh

2. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  3. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  4. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy

in Windows 10 News
    How to force Chrome users to open Guest Mode using Registry and Group Policy: If you do not want to allow users to browse the internet via a normal browser window or Incognito mode, you can force Chrome users to open Guest mode only. It is possible to disable or turn other browser windows and always open Chrome in Guest mode. You can do it using the...
  6. Is there a way to force refresh or "restart" drive mapping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force refresh or "restart" drive mapping?: I have a file server in my basement and I use a laptop with 3 mapped drives to external usb drives on the server. There is something I run on the basement server that will temporarily make those external drives unavailable and if the laptop notices the mapped drives will get...
  7. Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Triple Monitor Setup Forces Single Refresh Rate: I have three monitors, one 1440p 165Hz display and two 1200p 60Hz displays, for my up to date 2020-10 cumulative update for Windows 10 2004 Windows 10 PC on a dedicated graphics card RX 580. When the two 60 Hz displays are off, the 165 Hz display works at 165 Hz, 144 Hz, and...
  8. Does anyone know how to enable Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to enable Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) via registry?: Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm copypasting word-for-word from my tech support post in the PCMR subreddit, but I'm not getting my answer so I'm hoping I can get it here. Maybe an actual Microsoft employee can help me? Please? Post starts here: FYI I've fulfilled all the...
  9. Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON: [ATTACH] I need the reg key to force this settings, I can make the setting available but not force it to on for users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-registry-key-to-force-toast/f5856275-15b5-433c-af40-db023e17b850
  10. Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Resolution and Refresh Rate: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate? 97581

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refresh after setting cursor registry