Windows 10: How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

Discus and support How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So example, I have folder named MP3. Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC. MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashcanbin10, Sep 20, 2015.

1. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

So example, I have folder named MP3.

Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC.

MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns.

How to make FLAC folder to display the same things in the same exact arrangements?

If I have FLAC 1, FLAC 2, FLAC3 then to set up manually would be a nightmare.

:)

trashcanbin10, Sep 20, 2015

2. SEARCH DOES NOT WORK IN A PARTICULAR FOLDER IN WINDOWS 10

I have a folder say parent . I have few subfolders in it with many documents in each. I can search files in all these subfolders except one. Even when I search in parent folder, files from all subfolders except this particular folder are displayed.. Can
    anyone help me.

ASHWANI KUMAR JALEWA, Sep 20, 2015
  3. How do I change my desktop display to slideshow all my pictures?

I have a Parent folder of PICTURES. Inside that folder are several subfolders that organize all my pictures. So for example I have a subfolder for Christmas 2014 and a subfolder for Hawaii....and so on. Before Windows 10 I had my desktop set to slideshow.
    It would take pictures from all the individual subfolders (Christmas 2014, Hawaii and so on) within the parent folder of PICTURES. I have just a couple of photos that are not within the subfolders. They are by themselves in the parent folder of PICTURES. Now
    with Windows 10 my slideshow is only showing those few individual pictures in the parent folder of PICTURES. When I go to Settings, it is asking me to pick a specific folder - such as Christmas 2014. How do I set it so that it will slideshow all the pictures
    within the subfolders of the parent folder PICTURES? (I see a post asking the same question, but the answer given by MS directs you to set it to a subfolder....so I would only be able to see Christmas 2014 for my example. Please review the question and respond
    if there is a way to do the slideshow by clicking on the parent folder and get all the pictures within the subfolders Thanks!)

RobinSobieski, Sep 20, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

The same way that it was done in previous OS versions.

bro67, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

1. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns? - Similar Threads - force subfolders display

2. How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?: Dear Microsoft,I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature but, after a recent update, I find that it is not possible to drag subordinate subfolders or documents and drop them into a parent folder via taskbar. Presently, I am on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428.For...
  3. How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to drag subfolder or file to parent folder via taskbar?: Dear Microsoft,I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature but, after a recent update, I find that it is not possible to drag subordinate subfolders or documents and drop them into a parent folder via taskbar. Presently, I am on Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428.For...
  4. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  5. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  6. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders: Hi all,I have a drive with hundreds of folders in this fashion:e:/a/aa/any contente:/b/bb/any content...e:/z/zz/any contentI need the subfolders 1 per main folder, but maybe some have 2, kind of zz1 zz2 and its content files and/or folders, these need to be as they are now,...
  7. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders: Hi all,I have a drive with hundreds of folders in this fashion:e:/a/aa/any contente:/b/bb/any content...e:/z/zz/any contentI need the subfolders 1 per main folder, but maybe some have 2, kind of zz1 zz2 and its content files and/or folders, these need to be as they are now,...
  8. Move content from all subfolders to their parent folders

9. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. force subfolders to have same columns as parent