Windows 10: How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

Discus and support How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So example, I have folder named MP3. Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC. MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashcanbin10, Sep 20, 2015.

1. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

So example, I have folder named MP3.

Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC.

MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns.

How to make FLAC folder to display the same things in the same exact arrangements?

If I have FLAC 1, FLAC 2, FLAC3 then to set up manually would be a nightmare.

:)

trashcanbin10, Sep 20, 2015

2. SEARCH DOES NOT WORK IN A PARTICULAR FOLDER IN WINDOWS 10

I have a folder say parent . I have few subfolders in it with many documents in each. I can search files in all these subfolders except one. Even when I search in parent folder, files from all subfolders except this particular folder are displayed.. Can
    anyone help me.

ASHWANI KUMAR JALEWA, Sep 20, 2015
  3. How do I change my desktop display to slideshow all my pictures?

I have a Parent folder of PICTURES. Inside that folder are several subfolders that organize all my pictures. So for example I have a subfolder for Christmas 2014 and a subfolder for Hawaii....and so on. Before Windows 10 I had my desktop set to slideshow.
    It would take pictures from all the individual subfolders (Christmas 2014, Hawaii and so on) within the parent folder of PICTURES. I have just a couple of photos that are not within the subfolders. They are by themselves in the parent folder of PICTURES. Now
    with Windows 10 my slideshow is only showing those few individual pictures in the parent folder of PICTURES. When I go to Settings, it is asking me to pick a specific folder - such as Christmas 2014. How do I set it so that it will slideshow all the pictures
    within the subfolders of the parent folder PICTURES? (I see a post asking the same question, but the answer given by MS directs you to set it to a subfolder....so I would only be able to see Christmas 2014 for my example. Please review the question and respond
    if there is a way to do the slideshow by clicking on the parent folder and get all the pictures within the subfolders Thanks!)

RobinSobieski, Sep 20, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

The same way that it was done in previous OS versions.

bro67, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

1. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns? - Similar Threads - force subfolders display

2. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  3. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  4. Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook Search Feature Not displaying Folder Column: After doing a search for a message in Outlook (MS Office Home & Business 2016) the answer appears on the screen. But there is no mention of the folder column to show in what particular folder the message resides in. I would to see the name of the folder where I had moved it...
  5. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  6. hta script to display animated GIFs in a folder and its subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    hta script to display animated GIFs in a folder and its subfolders: Dear Community, in the Windows 7 Forum I found a working hta script to display animated GIFs located in a folder: https://www.w7forums.com/threads/ani...xplorer.15080/ Here is the hta script: Code: <html><head><title>Animator</title></head> <body><script type="text/vbs">...
  7. How do I delete or move parent folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete or move parent folder?: So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects...
  8. How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?: I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having to go into each one. Is there a way to do that? 94661
  9. Duplicate subfolders in User folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate subfolders in User folder: Hi there. Have been working with Build 10074 for several days. Just realized yesterday that my main user folder has duplicate sub-folders (2 Documents, 2 Music, 2 Videos, 2 Downloads, 2 Pictures). They are the same size, have the same properties). Whichever one I delete,...
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...