Windows 10: How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately?

Discus and support How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has slowly started rolling out the Windows 11 update to all PCs on Windows 10. While the new update is exciting, it can get frustrating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 10, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately?

Microsoft has slowly started rolling out the Windows 11 update to all PCs on Windows 10. While the new update is exciting, it can get frustrating to wait for the official rollout from Microsoft. Thankfully, there is a workaround. Today, we'll look at how you can skip the process and get the upgrade right away.

How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately? Microsoft-Windows-11-Forced-Upgrade-scaled.jpg

Forcing the Windows 11 Upgrade

To get Windows 11 right away, you first need the Windows 11 installation assistant. To get this, head to Microsoft's site and download the Windows 11 update. This will be under the heading "Installation Assistant."

You will then be prompted to run the installation assistant .exe file. This will also check if your computer is ready for a Windows 11 update. If it meets the requirements, you can go ahead with the installation. You will be asked to accept the license agreement, and from there on, it's a few more clicks, and you'll be on your way.

What if Your PC Isn’t Supported?

The installation assistant will prompt you if your PC does not meet the minimum requirements. However, there is a workaround for this as well.

Before going ahead, you must check why your PC isn't ready for Windows 11. For this, you need the health check app by Microsoft. This app will check your PC and let you know what is lacking.

For some PCs, it may be something as simple as enabling Secure Boot or TPM 2.0. If your computer's CPU is older and only has TPM 1.2, you will need the registry hack to bypass the requirements and install Windows 11.

How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately? Microsoft-Windows-11-Forced-Upgrade-02.jpg

Is It Worth Upgrading to Windows 11?

If you're asking if it's worth upgrading to Windows 11, the answer is yes. However, there are a few things to consider before switching over. First, don't make the switch until you're sure you can handle the upgrade process. If you have any concerns about your PC's performance or memory usage, it might be wise to wait until later before making the switch.

Also, make sure that your hardware is compatible with Windows 11. If your computer doesn't have enough RAM or CPU power to run Windows 10, then upgrading may not be a good idea.

Get Your Windows 11 Update Now

There will come a time when every computer will be upgraded to Windows 11. Although the installation assistant will show that the computer is incompatible, some tweaking helps bypass the requirements. However, if your PC is very old, you may be unable to upgrade to Windows 11. You can still enjoy the benefits of Windows 10, as Microsoft will support this operating system till October 2025.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 10, 2022
  2. Rob 80113 Win User

Windows 10, unable to force an immediate update

Greg,

When I performed step 1, it hung at the restarting of the BITs services.

When I performed step 2, it did not work. BTW, there were no SoftwareDistribution or catroot2 files.

The 1803 update was not listed at the site given in step 3.

I did not perform step 4 but step 5 did work. It seemed, however, that the Windows server was very sporadic as far as the downloading went. Sometimes the download rate was above one gig, while other times, especially towards the end, nothing would download
    for a long time. I finally left it running overnight and by this morning it had finished. Appreciate the help.

BTW, even with the latest upgrade, when I depress the Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Advanced options ->'Automatically download update' button, it immediately goes to the Off position. The button below, 'We'll show a reminder...' is
    enabled. Are there any other settings I need to have set prior to being able to set the Automatically download button?

Cheers.

Rob B

Rob 80113, Dec 10, 2022
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Dec 10, 2022
  4. dougboes Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Dec 10, 2022
Thema:

1. How to Force the Windows 11 Update and Upgrade Immediately? - Similar Threads - Force Update Upgrade

2. Forced Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Win 11 upgrade: [ATTACH] My computer initiated a Win 11 update without any warning. Now it showed this screen submitted by /u/Travelingexec2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16xzxlm/forced_win_11_upgrade/
  3. How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update: Hi,I am currently on Windows 10 and am keen to stay then upgrade to Windows 11 in another year or two so that main bugs are ironed out. To do this I have kept my AMD motherboard fTPM disabled. Unfortunately, after a recent BIOS update, TPM was set to enable, resulting in a...
  4. How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update: Hi,I am currently on Windows 10 and am keen to stay then upgrade to Windows 11 in another year or two so that main bugs are ironed out. To do this I have kept my AMD motherboard fTPM disabled. Unfortunately, after a recent BIOS update, TPM was set to enable, resulting in a...
  5. How to prevent Windows 11 upgrade from 10 TPM forced on via BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  7. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  8. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows forced Upgrades

Windows forced Upgrades: I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge will not launch B. All sound from my PC is gone even though I have a...
  10. How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

How to force install upgrades on shutdown?: Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete...