Windows 10: How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom

Discus and support How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to force Zoom users to sign in with Google or Facebook accounts only, here is how you can set things up. It is possible to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom

How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom force-google-facebook-sign-in-zoom.jpg
    If you want to force Zoom users to sign in with Google or Facebook accounts only, here is how you can set things up. It is possible to disable other log-in options using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor on Windows 11/10. Let’s assume that you are an instructor and you want […]

This article How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 9, 2021

2. Facebook Allows Users to Delete Accounts

Yes, for quite some time, once you had a Facebook account, it wasn't going anywhere. Now, fortunately for college students and people with no attention span everywhere, Facebook now allows said people to delete their Facebook accounts. This was in direct response to user complaints about not being able to delete their accounts, if desired. Even if users were able to delete their own accounts, there were no obvious directions on how to do that. Another reason that Facebook decided to allow users to delete their accounts was a reason that could have gotten Facebook sued if they did not address it: privacy. The "I didn't actually make a Facebook" E-mails were really racking up in Facebook's inbox, and Facebook sometimes made it all too easy for people to research intimate/private/personal details of users' lives. At this point, deleting your account is just a help-page away. Facebook admins are considering adding a "delete account" button.

Source: The Inquirer

zekrahminator, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...e-prompts.html

Brink, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Explorer9 Win User

force default user account to always be selected on sign-in screen

A PC has Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.726) installed on it. A person named Robert has a user account on it, named Robert. A person named Jennifer has a user account on it, named Jennifer. The user accounts Robert and Jennifer are "Standard" type accounts. There is a third user account, named Adm, and it's type is "Administrator".

The PC specs are: laptop, brand Asus, model X550CA, cpu Intel Celeron 1007U 1.50GHz, 8 GB RAM DDR3, 500 GB HDD 5200 RPM, 120 GB SSD.

Windows 10 default behavior, case 1 - the Robert and Jennifer user accounts are both password protected

1. Jennifer turns PC on.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Robert is shown.
    3. At the sign-in screen, Jennifer clicks on the account Jennifer in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types her password and presses Enter.
    4. Jennifer clicks on the "Start" button on the taskbar, clicks on the "Power" button, then clicks "Shut down".
    5. Robert turns PC on.
    6. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Jennifer is shown.
    7. Robert clicks on the account Robert in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types his password and presses Enter.

Windows 10 default behavior, case 2 - the Robert user account is password protected, the Jennifer user account is not password protected

1. Jennifer turns PC on.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the account Robert is shown.
    3. At the sign-in screen, Jennifer clicks on the account Jennifer in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then clicks on the "Sign-in" button.
    4. Jennifer clicks on the "Start" button on the taskbar, clicks on the "Power" button, then clicks on "Shut down".
    5. Robert turns PC on.
    6. Windows 10 signs in automatically into the Jennifer user account.
    7. Robert clicks on the "Start" button, clicks on the "Jennifer" button, then clicks on "Sign out".
    8. At the sign-in screen, the button "Sign in" for the user account Jennifer is shown.
    9. Robert clicks on the account Robert in the lower left part of the sign-in screen, then types his password and presses Enter.

Question 1

Is it possible for Robert to change Windows 10's default behavior, to the behavior described below?

1. Robert or Jennifer turns on the PC.
    2. At the sign-in screen, the password field for the Robert user account is shown, even if Jennifer was the last person to sign-in and then click on "Shut down" from the "Start" menu.

Question 2

If the answer to question 1 is yes, then what settings does Robert have to make, in order to get the behavior described at question 1?

Changing "dontdisplaylastusername" is not the solution

By changing the "dontdisplaylastusername" registry DWORD from 0 to 1, Robert doesn't get the behavior described at question 1. After setting "dontdisplaylastusername" to 1, Robert has to type both his user account name, and his password, at the sign-in screen. Robert wants to type only his password, at the sign-in screen, and nothing else.

Why does Robert want to change the default behavior

The reasons Robert would like to change to the behavior described at question 1:
    • he is the owner of the PC;
    • he uses his PC frequently, Jennifer uses his PC rarely, therefore it makes sense that Robert should have one less click to do in order to sign in;
    • he doesn't want to click on something in order to get at his password field, he wants to press the power button on the PC and then type his password (doesn't want unnecessary intermediate steps between pressing the power button and typing his password).

Explorer9, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How to force users to sign in with Google or Facebook account on Zoom - Similar Threads - force users sign

2. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  3. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  4. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into Microsoft account: Updated laptop and now being forced to sign into an old Microsoft account which uses an old email which I can't access anymore the sign in screen doesn't give me the option to change to my new Microsoft account details and I can't log on to my laptop...
  6. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

Forced to sign into Microsoft account: Updated laptop and now being forced to sign into an old Microsoft account which uses an old email which I can't access anymore the sign in screen doesn't give me the option to change to my new Microsoft account details and I can't log on to my laptop...
  7. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PC Facebook app zooming

PC Facebook app zooming: How do I zoom my pc facebook app using windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-facebook-app-zooming/02fac028-dfbe-4b8d-bc67-54e5086fee18
  9. force default user account to always be selected on sign-in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    force default user account to always be selected on sign-in screen: A PC has Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.726) installed on it. A person named Robert has a user account on it, named Robert. A person named Jennifer has a user account on it, named Jennifer. The user accounts Robert and Jennifer are "Standard" type accounts. There is a...
  10. user accounts & signing in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...