Windows 10: ¿how to force windows restart when gpu_use is in idle or...?

Discus and support ¿how to force windows restart when gpu_use is in idle or...? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first of all, sorry for my English. During last week, in my pc I have been trying to learn how to mine etherum. My problem is that mining is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clamatac, Jan 26, 2021.

1. clamatac Win User

¿how to force windows restart when gpu_use is in idle or...?

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my English.

During last week, in my pc I have been trying to learn how to mine etherum. My problem is that mining is based in gpu, and sometimes, randomly the gpu stops mining. I have been thinking in create a programmed task to restart windows, but I do not see how I can make this task to start using as initiator the value of the gpu_use.

In programmed tasks you can do something similar with the parameter "inactivity" but I thinks it is based in keyboard, mouse and cpu use, not gpu use.

Any suggestions on how to force a windows restart based in some gpu parameter as gpu_use, frequency etc?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

:)

clamatac, Jan 26, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 26, 2021
  3. OlSnacky Win User
    Windows 10 restarts after being idle and then freezes on boot

If I leave my Windows 10 machine idle for some period of time - I haven't been able to work out how long - something fails and the machine restarts. After it restarts it will freeze on the boot screen, i.e., the screen with the spinner. Multiple hard resets
    do not fix the freezing problem. Sometimes I can force the machine to restart in Safe Mode - in some case it will then boot into Safe mode, and in other cases it will boot into regular mode as if nothing had happened.

I have:

• scanned my RAM, which found no errors
    • Reinstalled Windows from media
    • Performed a system restore
    Yet, the problem persists.

OlSnacky, Jan 26, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond ¿how to force windows restart when gpu_use is in idle or...? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. ¿how to force windows restart when gpu_use is in idle or...? - Similar Threads - ¿how force restart

2. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  3. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  4. Windows 10 Restarting when Idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Restarting when Idle: For about a week or so my Windows 10 Home PC keeps restarting when I've been idle for about 10 or so minutes. If I periodically move the mouse or type on the keyboard it doesn't restart. The computer will restart even if I'm doing something passively, like watching a full...
  5. Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts or hangs when idle: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.508 and am experiencing issues where the PC either suddenly reboots when idle or it simply hangs and the only solution is powering it off. Unfortunately, I don't have any crash dumps. The problems only occur some time...
  6. Computer restarting when idling

Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...
  7. *Help* Computer Restarts only when Idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Help* Computer Restarts only when Idle: Specs i7-9700k GTX 1070 MSI Z390 Gaming Plus 16 GB of Ram HDD Toshiba SDD WDC 600w Bronze PSU So weird problem I have been having. My computer out of the blue has gone on reboot loops. I naturally thinking this was a windows problem gone awry I had deleted the...
  8. Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts

Windows 10 freezes when idle and restarts: Hi guys. Just like to ask some help to fix my faultering Windows 10. What happened is that when I take a break from my computer, my PC freezes and then restarts by itself. There was once when after my PC froze, instead of restarting by it's own, was proceeded by a blue screen...
  9. When will Mircosoft stop the forced restart?

When will Mircosoft stop the forced restart?: I have tried many suggestions with nothing working. It is a monthly occurrence whenever an update happens next thing i know my pc has restarted and ive lost data, work, and time which is permanent and cause so many difficulties. I can put up with persistent reminders while im...
  10. Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.: These forums are my last hope for resolving this. I am well aware of the power options and familiar with settings - all of the applicable settings, including screen dimming, hard drive time before turning off, and the rest are all tuned to NOT turn off. I found out that the...