Windows 10: How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the...

Discus and support How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok there are two games I have to forcibly remove from my external hard drive. That being yakuza 0 and outer worlds. I installed these two through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tmansdc, Oct 18, 2020.

1. How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the...

Ok there are two games I have to forcibly remove from my external hard drive. That being yakuza 0 and outer worlds. I installed these two through the Game Pass and they had an update. They didn't want to update so I tried to remove them through the apps under the settings bar. Now they won't uninstall at all, are still taking up space on my hdd, and say "install" through either the store or xbox apps.

I know this ordeal I went through it with Halo before. I must forcibly remove something. Problem is that was three or so months ago and I don't quite remember how to do it. I was wondering what is an easy solution for this problem? I would like to reclaim the 100GB or so on my hdd please.

I'm just going to get them on Steam next time that they are on sale. Such an easier app to use and has never given me problems uninstalling or reinstalling games.

Thank you very much!

submitted by /u/Tmansdc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tmansdc, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Remove all UWP built in apps in Windows 1903

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows 10 1903 feature update now lets the users to uninstall a few apps using the
    Context menu. If you’re on the latest build of Windows 10, it will let you uninstall a few UWP applications using the
    Context Menu.

How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the... 2ff7c851-136c-4751-a8a2-21c4babe9c57?upload=true.png

Please find the list of apps that can now be uninstalled using the Context menu below:

• 3D Viewer
    • Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Groove Music
    • Mail
    • Movies & TV
    • Paint 3D
    • Snip & Sketch
    • Sticky Notes
    • Voice Recorder

To know how to uninstall the apps that cannot be uninstalled using the context menu, refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Removing Windows 10 Universal Apps via
    PowerShell
    by Anthony Bartolo.

Cortana is an integral part of Windows and she cannot be entirely turned off. However, if you don’t want Cortana functionality available to you on your taskbar, I would suggest you to follow these steps:
    Manage Cortana settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

Yes, UWP is an interpreter, an app running in UWP can't function without the interpreter. Only the UWP core has access to the actual hardware, the app does not.

By not having direct access to the hardware, they perform slower. UWP has to translate everything and make sure it passes safety and security checks.

If UWP has issues, all of the apps running on top of it also will. I've seen that in early release of Windows 10 where all UWP based, Windows-included apps broke (Edge, Calculator, Mail, etc.). Granted, it was only broke in one user account.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the...

microsoft game apps CAN'T uninstall

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which are the games you would like to remove?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall?
    Example: Microsoft solitaire collection is the game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to remove/uninstall the Microsoft solitaire collection from the Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Apps and features from the system settings menu.
    • Locate and click on the Microsoft solitaire collection
      from the list of apps installed under the Apps and features.
    • Click on Uninstall. (click on Uninstall if any window prompts)
    By following the above steps, you may remove/uninstall any app/game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the...

1. How to forcibly remove windows 10 uwp game pass apps that I can't uninstall through the... - Similar Threads - forcibly remove uwp

2. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall game from Game Pass: Hi.Reently i unistalled game "The Ascend" via "Xbox App". Today I realized that I still have game on a disc in WindowsApps folder. I have full acces to WindowsApp folder, but It is impossible to unistall the CurveDigital.TheAscent... folder. It shows that I need access.I...
  3. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall game from Game Pass: Hi.Reently i unistalled game "The Ascend" via "Xbox App". Today I realized that I still have game on a disc in WindowsApps folder. I have full acces to WindowsApp folder, but It is impossible to unistall the CurveDigital.TheAscent... folder. It shows that I need access.I...
  4. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't uninstall game from Game Pass

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Can't remove UWP App from Start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove UWP App from Start menu: I have Ubuntu 20.04 installed from the Microsoft store and whenever I uninstall it, it stays in my apps list in my start menu. I want it to just go away, how can i remove it? (I just want the shortcut gone even if im not removing the ubuntu files its fine.) submitted by...
  7. Can't open Game Pass Win10 App

Can't open Game Pass Win10 App: I can't open the app for few months now. It wasn't a problem cause I didn't want to get a subscription but right now it has pretty good game I wanna try out. Problem is it shutdows immediately when homepage shows up. Sometimes it works but 9/10 times it crashes of shuts down...
  8. Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10: Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these games, namely at the moment Wolfenstein Young Blood and Age of Empires III. By clicking the uninstall button on the app, it...
  9. Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat

Xbox Companion App Not Passing Through Mic to Game Chat: Background: I'm trying to get an adequate setup to stream my Xbox to Twitch from my PC without using a physical capture card. I almost have everything I want. So far I've only been streaming COD MW and mostly been playing with friends on Xbox/PC. In this situation, we're...
  10. Remove UWP Apps from Start Menu Without Uninstalling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove UWP Apps from Start Menu Without Uninstalling: Hello, I finally made the move to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I'm still adjusting and have found this forum incredibly helpful. I have a question about the UWP apps that come with Windows 10... I would like to remove the icons for the UWP apps from the Start menu. I'd prefer...