Windows 10: How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac

Discus and support How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are many file formats that Windows 10 can read and exFat is one of them. So if you are wondering if Windows 10 can read exFAT,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac

WinClub, Feb 21, 2019

2. Formating to exFAT

Hi Taylor,

If you want to format an external hard drive or USB flash drive in exFAT, you can follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + x on your keyboard. This open the context menu.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type format g: /FS:exFAT and then Enter to begin formatting the G drive as exFAT
    For any query, feel free to reach us.

Marque Lor, Feb 21, 2019
  3. exFAT Format with Windows 10

I can not format my external HDD from NTFS to exFAT on windows 10. All my drivers are updated and every time I start format it fails instantly. Anybody have any suggestions or know how to fix this? I was trying to use it for my ps4 so I can back up games
    and save data but I cant do that without it being in exFAT format. Please help?

Edit: I got it to work finally. I had to do it on a mac and it worked instantly.

Brandon94_868, Feb 21, 2019
  4. How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac

exFAT Format with Windows 10

gillesdemersXR, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac

1. How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac - Similar Threads - format drive exFAT

2. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  3. usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb drive broken after trying to format it as exfat: I needed my 64gb usb thumb drive at full capacity after using it as windows format drive which made it 32gb drive. Windows showed a window saying format failed while I was waiting it to be in exfat format. I tried to use disk manager and list disk thing but It doesn't show up...
  4. Format flash drive exFAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  5. Format flash drive exFAT

Format flash drive exFAT: Format flash drive exFAT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-flash-drive-exfat/9b4ae7be-66d8-4279-8e68-fb2d07745b31
  6. How to format USB drive to exFAT on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format USB drive to exFAT on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2?: How do I format a USB drive to exFat format and what options should be used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-usb-drive-to-exfat-on-windows-10/baa9c01a-376e-4473-bbb9-993a99f4d23c
  7. How to format USB drive to exFAT on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2?

How to format USB drive to exFAT on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2?: How do I format a USB drive to exFat format and what options should be used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-usb-drive-to-exfat-on-windows-10/baa9c01a-376e-4473-bbb9-993a99f4d23c
  8. How to format USB drive to exFAT on Windows 10 Home Version 22H2?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  10. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to format a drive in exFAT so it works on both Windows and Mac