Windows 10: How to format a hard disk correctly?

Discus and support How to format a hard disk correctly? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, since you helped me alot with my previous problem, I wanted to ask something. My PC is slowed down a lot in comparison to how it was. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Antor, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Antor Win User

How to format a hard disk correctly?

Hello guys,

since you helped me alot with my previous problem, I wanted to ask something. My PC is slowed down a lot in comparison to how it was. So, I wanted to ask how to delete everything from the hard disk such that everything is working as before.

How would I delete everything on the hard disk correctly such that the PC works like in the beginning where I have to set a new account etc.?

:)

Antor, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Formatting Hard Disks

We advise posting your query on a Linux support forum to receive proper instructions on how to format your spare hard disk. The support agents of the Linux support page should be able to provide you with the detailed steps on how to format a Linux hard disk.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, we're just a click away.

Devlin Sco, Aug 26, 2020
  4. How to format a hard disk correctly?

Format Hard disk

I have an external hard drive . When i plug it into pc pc becomes slow , so I want to format it , but it is not possible in GUI mode .

Can I format it while booting??

Pls provide process steps too???

[Original Title: external Hard disk]

Hritik Kandari, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

How to format a hard disk correctly?

1. How to format a hard disk correctly? - Similar Threads - format hard disk

2. How to find formatted date for external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find formatted date for external hard disk?: How to find formatted date for external hard disk for exFAT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-formatted-date-for-external-hard-disk/f58a9a65-cf09-499b-8022-b37b816430a2
  3. Hard disk somehow formatted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk somehow formatted: Hello all, I have a WD My Passport 2TB HDD. One day, when I turned on my PC, the hard disk was not to be found. Checking Disk Management tells that there are various no-name drives. No data is there. Tried using Testdisk Data Recovery utility no data found in the normal...
  4. How to Format Multiple Hard Disk

How to Format Multiple Hard Disk: Hi Experts, I am using Windows 10 20H1 for creating Windows image for HP systems. using DISM commands i am applying the image to the PC using USB device. my requirement is to formatting multiple hard disk using single bat file or PowerShell script. Image build PC will...
  5. How to Format Multiple Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Format Multiple Hard Disk: Hi Experts, I am using Windows 10 20H1 for creating Windows image for HP systems. using DISM commands i am applying the image to the PC using USB device. my requirement is to formatting multiple hard disk using single bat file or PowerShell script. Image build PC will...
  6. Formatting hard disks with numbers?

Formatting hard disks with numbers?: Hi I have a server and I'm running out of letters to add hard drives I know that with raid or pools you can combine multiple drives but I would like to use numbers instead of letters that are not recognized in windows is there a possibility zb in windows server 2019...
  7. How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10: [ATTACH]“Format” as a word in computers is very popular, and a well-known word among computer users. We all have done that, especially with the USB […] This article How to format a Hard Drive or Disk in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Format a Hard Disk Drive

Format a Hard Disk Drive: I want to reformat a HGST 750GB hard disk drive connected thru a USB port on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-a-hard-disk-drive/0e989132-1b84-48c9-b089-ce4ac8420d30
  9. Format hard disk

Format hard disk: I want to gift my laptop to a friend and would like to format the hard disk, but when I try to do it the message is I can't do it because it could cause my computer to stop working. How do I erase everything from my computer's memory?...
  10. Hard Disk Converted to GPT format

Hard Disk Converted to GPT format: I have DELL inspiron 5558 With windwos 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10. Recently i wanted windows 7 and for that i shrink my E drive and from DVD tried to install Windows 7 on that 50 GB unallocated space. But it was showing me that you cant install OS on Windows Cannot...