Windows 10: How to format a MyBook for mac

Discus and support How to format a MyBook for mac in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeremyMatlock1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. How to format a MyBook for mac

I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help.

:)

JeremyMatlock1, Jun 7, 2023

2. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 7, 2023
  4. needsleep Win User

How to format a MyBook for mac

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

That failed again. So I was looking at Gparted Live on a USB stick, (we have no CD drive) and the wife just rolled it all back to a Mac formatted exFat, and decided to stop the chase at that point. At least I know my next steps! Thanks and have a good day.

needsleep, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

How to format a MyBook for mac

1. How to format a MyBook for mac - Similar Threads - format MyBook mac

2. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  3. How to format a MyBook for mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format a MyBook for mac: I was wondering how to format this mybook I was given because I need so much storage. windows 10 tells me drive unavailable and I even tried using the command prompt to no avail.I need help....
  4. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  5. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  6. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?: We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and then at the end errors out with a message that it can't be formatted. We'll get the exact message if needed, but it doesn't...
  8. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...
  9. HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HFS+ from Mac to Windows - Formatted?: I was using an HFS+ 3TB Buffalo hard drive on my iMac and plugged it into my laptop running Windows 10 Tech Preview. It didn't show up in Explorer but I think I may have formatted it in Disk Utility. Somewhere along the way, a dialog popped up that mentioned a choice between...
  10. Corrupted recycle bin on MyBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted recycle bin on MyBook: Hello, Helping my brother remotely. He gets the "The Recycle Bin on E:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this Drive?" I remoted in, launched a CMD prompt as admin, and typed, rd /s /q G:\$Recycle.bin - then ran chkdsk E: /f - but after restarting,...