Windows 10: How to format a PC but keep one drive.

Discus and support How to format a PC but keep one drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I have 3 drives. C,D and E drives. Now I have formated my PC 100 times but this time instead of stright up whiping everything I dont want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrlosvegalos, Nov 25, 2020.

1. How to format a PC but keep one drive.

Hi everyone. I have 3 drives. C,D and E drives. Now I have formated my PC 100 times but this time instead of stright up whiping everything I dont want to format the E drive just the other 2. Is there a way to do that without unplugging the hard drive itself?

submitted by /u/mrlosvegalos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrlosvegalos, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2020
  4. mikel33 Win User

How to format a PC but keep one drive.

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

How to format a PC but keep one drive.

1. How to format a PC but keep one drive. - Similar Threads - format keep drive

2. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  3. One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive keep files in One Drive but not in the computer: My files will be deleted from my computer but I don't want to lose my files. I need to keep them on my one drive but I must do this from my Samsung phone One Drive because I don't have access to my computer....
  4. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive: Replacing my old tablet that has Windows 10. I used One Drive on it a lot for files and data. New PC with Windows 11 has downloaded all the One Drive Data. I want to delete the files from the old PC and give it to a family member. May or may not do a complete delete back to a...
  5. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive: Replacing my old tablet that has Windows 10. I used One Drive on it a lot for files and data. New PC with Windows 11 has downloaded all the One Drive Data. I want to delete the files from the old PC and give it to a family member. May or may not do a complete delete back to a...
  6. How to delete files from PC but keep them on One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Stop Syncing Folder to One Drive But Keep on PC

Stop Syncing Folder to One Drive But Keep on PC: I want to stop syncing my desktop to One Drive but keep my desktop files on my PC. How can I do that?One Drive settings let me select which files I can see on my Desktop but it won't let me unsync my Desktop and keep my files....
  8. How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.

How to remove files from One Drive folder on PC and keep files.: I was moving my finger across the touchpad on my PC (navigating File Explorer) and the Picture Folder went into the One Drive Folder. I have not set up One Drive, and I have no interest in using One Drive.. Using File Explorer I saw that my Picture folder still had all my...
  9. How to format PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to format PC: I think it is time to fully format my PC because it is too laggy. I know that I should reset, select the options but what do I need to do then? What about Windows, other programs, my files. Can I keep my files? Help me, please....
  10. How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to eject HFS-formatted drive from PC: I have plugged an HFS-formatted drive into my pc. With HFS Explorer I can access the data on the Mac-formatted drive, but I cannot find a way to eject the HFS-formatted drive since it does not show up at all in "This PC." How can I eject this drive properly? Possibly via...