Windows 10: how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions

Discus and support how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a messed up usb drive. Earlier I had used it for formatting Windows OS meaning installation of Windows 10 via USB. Long time back . So some how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandila, Aug 8, 2021.

1. sandila Win User

how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions

I have a messed up usb drive. Earlier I had used it for formatting Windows OS meaning installation of Windows 10 via USB. Long time back . So some how it has 2 partitions now. I some how experimenting with diskpart have been able to get one partition back which was 7Gb. I want to combine both partitions of USB drive into one. How can I do so?

:)

sandila, Aug 8, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 8, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 8, 2021
  4. parelem Win User

bootable USB drive?

in dos:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # //where # = your usb drive
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    set active
    format fs=fat32 label="whatever"

parelem, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

1. how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions - Similar Threads - format USB drive

2. Can not format drive in partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not format drive in partition: Hi.I have recently added SSD in my laptop and I have installed Windows OS in it. Also, I have HDD, using it as second storage you can say, But HDD was divided in two drive so I deleted one drive and tired to merge it into one. So, I formatted the whole HDD using CMD and it is...
  3. Can not format drive in partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not format drive in partition: Hi.I have recently added SSD in my laptop and I have installed Windows OS in it. Also, I have HDD, using it as second storage you can say, But HDD was divided in two drive so I deleted one drive and tired to merge it into one. So, I formatted the whole HDD using CMD and it is...
  4. Can not format drive in partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    how to format a USB drive with 2 partitions: I have a messed up usb drive. Earlier I had used it for formatting Windows OS meaning installation of Windows 10 via USB. Long time back . So some how it has 2 partitions now. I some how experimenting with diskpart have been able to get one partition back which was 7Gb. I...
  6. How to format my usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to format my usb drive: I have attempted to format my usb drive multiple times and I have tried every method possible which enables execute the function above. I have tried the Disk management system and other external third party softwares...
  7. Formatting multiple partitions on a USB thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting multiple partitions on a USB thumb drive: I have a 2TB thumb drive that I have created two partitions on. partition one is 31.25 GB and formatted as FAT32. partition two is 1921.87 GB and I cannot get it to format. I've tried formatting it as NTFS and exFAT and neither works. The Disk Management app reports:...
  8. Formatting of a disk with 2 old partitions

Formatting of a disk with 2 old partitions: Hi all, I have an old hard drive taken out from a Windows XP computer. The hard drive has 2 partions: one with system and all other files (docs, users and so on )and another partion which was a recovery part of the same drive. Now I want to format the whole disk and scratch...
  9. How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive

How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive: I should know this. I have a feeling I should use Diskpart but would appreciate some guidance and steps to take. Disk management does not show the 494 KB partition. I guess I want to delete the 494 KB and merge it with the "rest" of the USB stick. When I attempted to format I...
  10. How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Format 494 KB "Partition" on Formatted USB Drive: I should know this. I have a feeling I should use Diskpart but would appreciate some guidance and steps to take. Disk management does not show the 494 KB partition. I guess I want to delete the 494 KB and merge it with the "rest" of the USB stick. When I attempted to format I...