Windows 10: How to format a Windows 10 computer

Discus and support How to format a Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When a computer gets old or when you are handing it over, you must delete everything on the computer. As a matter of fact, it […] This article... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 20, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to format a Windows 10 computer

WinClub, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Hitman Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

Hello all
    I have 3 hard drives
    1 sata 1 tb with Windows 10
    2 older drives that are ide that I use for apps and data and not clutter my main drive.

I will be replacing the 2 older drives with a 2 tb data drive

I am thinking of formatting my main drive and starting all new and reloading everything.

My problem is that I was on Windows 7 pro 64 bit and got Windows 10 pro 64 bit upgrade free.
    So don't have Windows 10 CD or a code for it. So if I format will I be able to get Windows 10 for free
    Or I'll I have to buy the CD.
    Don't really want to spend 200.00 bucks right now.

Have not formatted in a while what's the best way now a days ?

Thanks Ruben

Hitman, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How to format a Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - format computer

2. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  3. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation: hello,i am inquiring for some help. i had one of my older clients set up a new computer model is B1400CEAE-C53P-CA and set up a microsoft account and forgot the password. since they weren’t able to figure it out i was trying to format the ssd and then just reinstall windows...
  4. Formatted SSD and computer won’t find it on new window 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  6. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  7. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  9. Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account

Want to format computer but can't find digital license that is linked to my microsoft account: I want to format my computer and start over but I can't find my license that is linked to my account. I know you can't see it, but how do i apply to computer after format....
  10. My computer keeps restarting, even after a full hard drive format

My computer keeps restarting, even after a full hard drive format: My computer keeps restarting, I've formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows to fix this, but it will still randomly restart, with every stop code imaginable being displayed as it does so....