Windows 10: How to format and reinstall Windows 10?

Discus and support How to format and reinstall Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have an HP Pavilion laptop that comes with Win 10 pre-installed It has been experiencing some inconvenience, so I thought about formatting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardDeck, Apr 8, 2021.

1. How to format and reinstall Windows 10?

Hello

I have an HP Pavilion laptop that comes with Win 10 pre-installed

It has been experiencing some inconvenience, so I thought about formatting my laptop and reinstalling the operating system.

I'm a bit confused on how to proceed, I mean I don't want to lose my licensed copy of Win 10.

Thanks

:)

RichardDeck, Apr 8, 2021
  2. EarthDog Win User

Windows 10 formatting ?

But he already went to 10, so it's already tied to his hardware no?
    To that end, he would only need to create the install media from the MS website, format upon installation and activate. There shouldn't be a need to to 10 since he is currently there and activated. See post 3...

Or.. did I miss something? If he's on 7, can you still get 10 free if you didn't activate it before that expired?

Edit: You have to use the assisted technology to get it free now... a bit shady to me if you aren't using that tech. That way you'd have to upgrade to 10.. then format and reinstall for a clean install.

EarthDog, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Apr 8, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

How to format and reinstall Windows 10?

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! How to format and reinstall Windows 10? :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

How to format and reinstall Windows 10?

1. How to format and reinstall Windows 10? - Similar Threads - format reinstall

2. Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...: tl;dr: reinstalled a win11 edu n pc, thought key was already saved on my microsoft account. Tried signing in and couldn't, now stuck without a key that I should still have the rights to. How do I claim it back?Hiya Microsoft community!I've recently fully formated and...
  3. Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full format, reinstalled Windows 11 Education N upgraded from Win10 Edu N. Product key was...: tl;dr: reinstalled a win11 edu n pc, thought key was already saved on my microsoft account. Tried signing in and couldn't, now stuck without a key that I should still have the rights to. How do I claim it back?Hiya Microsoft community!I've recently fully formated and...
  4. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....: The laptop has only 1 SSD and no HDD, though I have external HDD. I want to completely clean SSD and install Windows back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-laptop-with-preinstalled-windows-10-i-want/3438dba5-f558-4b90-b5d5-828bcf89ef63
  5. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....: The laptop has only 1 SSD and no HDD, though I have external HDD. I want to completely clean SSD and install Windows back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-laptop-with-preinstalled-windows-10-i-want/3438dba5-f558-4b90-b5d5-828bcf89ef63
  6. I have laptop with preinstalled Windows 10. I want to format it's SSD and reinstall Win10....

7. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  8. Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall

Windows 11 can’t format drive to reinstall: My laptop will not boot due to REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD.I am trying to reinstall Windows 11 to the internal SSD using install media on an external USB drive.The installer is unable to do automatically.From the command line:WMIC get status reports the SSD is OK.Format c: /FS:NTFS>...
  9. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...
  10. Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?

Do I need need to format or reinstall windows 11?: I deleted a trojan script virus after I did a scan on windows defender. But I don't see it in the protection history. What does a Trojan script do exactly?...