Windows 10: How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

Discus and support How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have ubuntu installed in my external hdd but windows is unable to read it not showing in thic pc. I used the tool provided in the answer to a similar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akash Shailendra, Feb 9, 2023.

1. How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

I have ubuntu installed in my external hdd but windows is unable to read it not showing in thic pc. I used the tool provided in the answer to a similar question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-hard-disk-does-not-show-up-in-my/f95ed41b-9ae5-4601-a5f2-b584bda522eb but it does not allow me to format the drive. My goal is to format the external hdd.

:)

Akash Shailendra, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

1. How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ? - Similar Threads - format external hdd

2. How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?: I have ubuntu installed in my external hdd but windows is unable to read it not showing in thic pc. I used the tool provided in the answer to a similar question:...
  3. Installing apps on external drive - which disk format to use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing apps on external drive - which disk format to use?: Hi,I would like to use my external drive for installing apps. Does it matter how the disk is formatted? Currently it is formatted as exFAT. When I try to move my Spotify app to the external drive, I get an error "This app is not supported on the target drive's filesystem."I...
  4. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  5. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  6. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't access my External HDD on Windows But Ubuntu has no problems r/w on the same hdd !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access my External HDD on Windows But Ubuntu has no problems r/w on the same hdd !: Hello Just few hours ago i stumbled across a problem when accessing my External HDD " it was working fine this morning" I tried connecting it on a desktop computer and i got the same error " ... The drive is not accessible " I got dual boot on my internal SSD windows + Ubuntu...
  8. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  9. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  10. Which format for an external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which format for an external drive: I just bought a Seagate portable USB hard drive. It was supplied formatted as an ex-FAT drive. I changed this to NTFS. What's the 'best' format to use for external drives for Windows 10 use only? 139483