Windows 10: how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

Discus and support how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by needsleep, Mar 11, 2021.

1. needsleep Win User

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and then at the end errors out with a message that it can't be formatted. We'll get the exact message if needed, but it doesn't say any more than that. No indication of why it can't format it. We are using the USB-3 interface on it. In the past we did not use USB-3 when running on the Mac

We're using Win 10's native formatter. We are selecting NTFS and deselecting Quick Format. The sector size defaults to 4,096. We don't know if that should be changed... our application is video editing almost exclusively.

Is there a better formatting program to use?
    Our Windows version is 18363.1379

Thanks,

:)

needsleep, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Kriscious Win User

External hard drive not appearing on Win 10

Just upgraded to Win 10 (Home Premium 64-bit) and suddenly my computer won't acknowledge my external LaCie Rugged hard drive. (I get the little diddy saying it's been connected, but it never appears.) My WD drive and my LaCie Porsche drive both still work,
    but not the Rugged (which still works on my Win 7 laptop). I really need access to this drive! Any suggestions??

Kriscious, Mar 11, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    LaCie Ships $1149 External Blu-ray Solution For Mac

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10? Lacie_D2_Blu-ray_drive_thm.jpg

LaCie today introduced the first external Blu-ray burning solution for Mac OS and Windows called the LaCie d2 Blu-ray Drive. LaCie's d2 Blu-ray Drive is addressed to proffessionals or video editors who need to distribute HD content while retaining quality of picture and sound. The drive does not support playback of protected BD-ROM movies. LaCie d2 Blu-ray Drives come with full-featured Roxio software including Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 for Windows, and Toast 7 Titanium for Mac - both with new support for Blu-ray. The drive also comes bundled with a 50GB BD disc from Panasonic. LaCie d2 Blu-ray Drives are available immediately online and widely available via LaCie's specialized dealer network later this month at the suggested retail price of $1149. In addition to Roxio burning software, drives ship with CinePlayer 3.4 for HD playback on Windows.

Source: CdrInfo

malware, Mar 11, 2021
  4. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

my external LaCie drive that I use on mac with no issues  wont show up on windows 10

I have a problem ;my external LaCie drive that I use on mac with no issues , but it wont show up on windows 10, it recognized by windows but it wont show under this pc so I can use it ... plz help me

MohammedElhammani, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

1. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10? - Similar Threads - format external LaCie

2. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  3. Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Re-Format Lacie External Drive Back to NTFS: I have a Lacie d2 Professional external drive. I want to backup Windows-based files from my HP laptop. However, I previous backed up files from my Mac, not knowing that formatted the external drive for Mac only. I want to re-format the drive to Microsoft NTFS, and not use it...
  4. Formatting an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting an external drive: when you format an external "exfat" SSD drive to "NTFS" or vise versa doesn't all the data/files & folders get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-an-external-drive/fa2d4bb5-7bcc-4573-804c-ce87d5122c5b
  5. Formatting an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting an external drive: when you format an external "exfat" SSD drive to "NTFS" or vise versa doesn't all the data/files & folders get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-an-external-drive/fa2d4bb5-7bcc-4573-804c-ce87d5122c5b
  6. Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to migrate reformat LaCie external drive from XBOX format to Windows 10: Ok, This drive has a lot of "history" - used to be my time vault in an old mac - then got "promoted" to Xbox - now, I need to use it as an external drive in my MS Surface with Windows 10 No, it doesn't show in the directory view Yes, it is recognized by the drive...
  7. how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?

how to format external LaCie, formerly Mac drive, for Win 10?: We are running a low level format of an external LaCie drive that was once a Mac drive running HFS. It recognizes the drive. It starts the format and then at the end errors out with a message that it can't be formatted. We'll get the exact message if needed, but it doesn't...
  8. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  9. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC: I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to...
  10. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...