Windows 10: how to format my pen drive

Discus and support how to format my pen drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saroinak, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Saroinak Win User

how to format my pen drive

No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do? how to format my pen drive 232fc4c1-ed3f-4bfb-af8a-75d34c5301b7?upload=true.png how to format my pen drive 9278e32a-6936-4eee-96f9-71ec96c3a290?upload=true.png how to format my pen drive d7fac527-f326-47b7-bd7b-b148d573eccd?upload=true.png

:)

Saroinak, Apr 9, 2019

2. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Apr 9, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. how to format my pen drive - Similar Threads - format pen drive

2. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.: I have a 32 gigabyte pen drive, i once used it with Linux but i formatted it to NTFS and it worked for a while. Then suddenly, no matter what i do i can not format the pen drive and change it's file system because it always goes to RAW. CHKDSK cannot open the drive and other...
  3. My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system can't format a pen drive and it gets converted to RAW.: I have a 32 gigabyte pen drive, i once used it with Linux but i formatted it to NTFS and it worked for a while. Then suddenly, no matter what i do i can not format the pen drive and change it's file system because it always goes to RAW. CHKDSK cannot open the drive and other...
  4. How to Format Write-protected USB Pen Drive in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Format Write-protected USB Pen Drive in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to format a write-protected USB pen drive on Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. There are three methods to format a write-protected USB flash drive, and all of them are built into either your system or the device you are trying to format. Whether...
  5. how to protect my pen drive with password?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to protect my pen drive with password?: how to protect my pen drive with password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-protect-my-pen-drive-with-password/7bd07b8b-2844-4570-a5e1-41dde15dc3ea
  6. How to format my usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to format my usb drive: I have attempted to format my usb drive multiple times and I have tried every method possible which enables execute the function above. I have tried the Disk management system and other external third party softwares...
  7. formatting pen drive with diskpart

formatting pen drive with diskpart: I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up [img] so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here when I execute command create partition primary...
  8. How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]For an end-user, formatting the USB drive is easy. All you need to do is right-click on the drive, and select Format. However, if you want to format a USB pen drive using the Command Prompt, here is how you [...] This post How to format USB Pen Drive using...
  9. How to format my C Drive

How to format my C Drive: I'm having issue with my main drive the C drive and just backed it up and thought I would do a full format then run my backup. But after upgrading to windows 10 I haven't done a format and not having a physical disc I was wondering how to do it. I know I used to format during...
  10. How to format my C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to format my C Drive: I'm having issue with my main drive the C drive and just backed it up and thought I would do a full format then run my backup. But after upgrading to windows 10 I haven't done a format and not having a physical disc I was wondering how to do it. I know I used to format during...