Windows 10: How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

Discus and support How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old Maxtor II external that is full but I don’t have a Windows comp/laptop with an OS that can support it to view the files on it anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steviebabs2685, Dec 30, 2018.

1. How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

I have an old Maxtor II external that is full but I don’t have a Windows comp/laptop with an OS that can support it to view the files on it anymore. I believe it was formatted for Vista the last time I used it (it’s been quite some time, at least 10 yrs probably. How can I get it to work w/ Win10 without reformatting it and losing everything I had saved on it? If this is the wrong board, feel free to move it as you see fit.

Steve

:)

Steviebabs2685, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Quake6 Win User

Maxtor external HDD and vista

I have a 160g WD HDD in my current PC, and it's 18months old,.... but in my neck of the woods, Maxtor seem like a good choice for externals+ they win on aesthetics*Laugh :laugh:
    I'll report back once I buy it...but it may not be for a few weeks yet.

Quake6, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 - issue with using Maxtor Manager programme alongside Maxtor One Touch 4 external HDD.

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything seems to running okay with one exception. I use a Maxtor One Touch 4 external HDD along with Maxtor Manager software.

However they no longer work in conjunction with each other. Windows recognises the drive and the Maxtor Manager software runs and recognises the backplan, however the software does not recognise the external drive as being connected. Any ideas?

jaydubya76, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Quake6 Win User

How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

Maxtor external HDD and vista

Another thing....are maxtor the Mercedes Benz of external HDD's?

Quake6, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

1. How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10 - Similar Threads - format old Maxtor

2. How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?: I have ubuntu installed in my external hdd but windows is unable to read it not showing in thic pc. I used the tool provided in the answer to a similar question:...
  3. How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format external hdd which has ubuntu installed ?: I have ubuntu installed in my external hdd but windows is unable to read it not showing in thic pc. I used the tool provided in the answer to a similar question:...
  4. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  5. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  6. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  8. External HDD needs format

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD needs format: Hello to all. Havent been here for a long time between the windows system has improved a lot over the past tear. To my latest problem i was given an external hdd but it has two sections as per image how do i get this to a full working drive please. Many thanks [img] 146402
  9. How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to format old Maxtor External HDD to work with Win 10: I have an old Maxtor II external that is full but I don’t have a Windows comp/laptop with an OS that can support it to view the files on it anymore. I believe it was formatted for Vista the last time I used it (it’s been quite some time, at least 10 yrs probably. How can I...
  10. Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format HDD -- Win 10 Installed: I just went from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 --- very cool. My hard drive is clogged with a lot of old stuff; I want to reformat the drive. Question: how do I get a recovery / boot format for my new Win 10 installation? Thank you for the suggestions 43847

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 does not assign drive letter to maxtor onetouch II

2. maxtor manager cant pick up one touch 4 formatted to esd-usb

3. how to mount maxtor onetouch on windows

4. format physical drive maxtor bad block,
  5. onetouch 3 win10,
  6. old maxtor one touch external hard drive,
  7. maxtor onetouch 4 issues,
  8. will maxtor one touch4 reconize 64bit os?,
  9. maxtor onetouch ii driver windows 10,
  10. maxtor onetouch 4 not working on windows 10,
  11. will onetouch ii run on win10,