Windows 10: how to format or delete volume on disk?

Discus and support how to format or delete volume on disk? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; on this disk, there is a windows 11 and I want to delete it and replace it with another OS, but something or some protection won't let me make any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mohammad Sadr, Aug 7, 2022.

1. how to format or delete volume on disk?

on this disk, there is a windows 11 and I want to delete it and replace it with another OS, but something or some protection won't let me make any changes to it and actually when I'm trying to delete a volume it says successful but nothing will change.

:)

Mohammad Sadr, Aug 7, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 7, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Delete VS Format

Quick format if you know there is no bad blocks on the disk.

Maybe the reason that formating is faster is that un like delete it has to check what parts of the disk needs deleting. Were with format it's just ok bye bye all unless it's a full format which takes longer due to checking the disk.

AsRock, Aug 7, 2022
  4. how to format or delete volume on disk?

Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

how to format or delete volume on disk?

1. how to format or delete volume on disk? - Similar Threads - format delete volume

2. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  3. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  4. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to format or delete volume on disk?

how to format or delete volume on disk?: on this disk, there is a windows 11 and I want to delete it and replace it with another OS, but something or some protection won't let me make any changes to it and actually when I'm trying to delete a volume it says successful but nothing will change....
  6. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  7. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  8. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't delete or extend disk volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete or extend disk volume: Hi,I'm trying to merge my C drive with my D drive and in the instructions, you need to delete the volume of the D drive first then extend the volume of the C drive, but in my case, both options are "greyed out". I've run the computer management in Administrative mode, and...
  10. How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?

How to delete contents of a Linux formatted external disk?: I have this USB disk that is formatted using Linux system (I believe it is ext2 or ext3). It is used to save TV-recordings. I use Linux Reader to copy these recordings onto my Windows pc. Am looking for a portable tool, similar to Linux Reader, that can also delete the...