Windows 10: How to format USB in Fat32?

Discus and support How to format USB in Fat32? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For window 7 & 10, I can only format USB in exFat, when I try to create Macrium Rescue Media, it mentions that GBP format is not supported. I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oemSoft, Oct 23, 2019.

1. oemSoft Win User

How to format USB in Fat32?

For window 7 & 10, I can only format USB in exFat, when I try to create Macrium Rescue Media, it mentions that GBP format is not supported. I would like to know on how to format USB drive in Fat 32 format under window 7 & 10.

My notebook only offer UEFI under window 10, MBR is not available, I would like to know on whether bootable USB under Fat32 can able to work under UEFI environment or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Oct 23, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 23, 2019
  4. graye Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

So, that appears to indicate that Macrium doesn't care about the format... as long as the file system can be "seen" by your system.

I'd suggest exFAT...
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3109559/hardware/why-your-usb-drives-file-format-matters-fat32-vs-exfat-vs-ntfs.html

graye, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How to format USB in Fat32? - Similar Threads - format USB Fat32

2. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  3. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32: I either need to reformat or convert a flash drive to fat32. I have read numerous articles and most say go to accessories-system tools-disk converter but there is no disk converter is system tools. I also read an article that says to go to a command prompt and type format X:...
  4. Converting or formatting a USB flash drive to fat32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc?: how to format usb flash drive for FAT32 on windows 7 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-usb-flash-drive-for-fat32-on-windows/a8c02478-e365-413d-af16-24989a1f248c
  6. Unable to format Fat32

Unable to format Fat32: As the subject header eays, I'm unable to format to FAT32.The only choices I have are NTFS & exFAT.Has Microsoft removed the choice to format in FAT16/32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-format-fat32/22183b77-8591-4731-88da-8c0570ba3f1e
  7. Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32

Formatting 64GB USB Drive to FAT32: Is this possible? I've read many threads. I followed these steps: B1.Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port. 2.Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter. 3.Find Disk Drives and expand it. 4.Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and...
  8. How do I format a larger USB Drive to FAT32?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I format a larger USB Drive to FAT32?: I have a 64GB USB Drive that I want to format to FAT32, what can I use to do this? submitted by /u/The321gofast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7j2yp/how_do_i_format_a_larger_usb_drive_to_fat32/
  9. Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32

Re-formatting a USB Stick to FAT32: I need to re-format a USB device in FAT32, my only choice in WINDOWS 10 is NTFS, can you guide me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-formatting-a-usb-stick-to-fat32/50561bf2-bf57-4d52-9b9f-2e31133c8748
  10. FAT32 Format

FAT32 Format: Since the FAT32 is not an option anymore and there's still tons of devices that only accept FAT32. How can I format memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fat32-format/3a899269-48e2-474f-a190-b2c4b5bdf18b