Windows 10: How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10

Discus and support How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]For an end-user, formatting the USB drive is easy. All you need to do is right-click on the drive, and select Format. However, if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 8, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 8, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 8, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows format disk message

Hello Marcos,

There may be several reasons why you are being prompted to have your pen drive formatted every time you plug it in to your PC. This prompt, however, may not be disabled. To isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes on your PC prior to this happening?
    • Was your pen drive improperly pulled out from the USB port?
    • Have you tried plugging your pen drive to a different USB port or a different computer?

In the meantime we suggest you to check if your pen drive appears under
    Disk Management
    without any error. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Check and see if your pen drive shows on the list.

We will be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 8, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - format USB Pen

2. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?: I’m using a USB recovery drive to repair a computer running windows 10 OS but it seems like the hard drive is having some issues. I tried reformatting the hard drive from the command prompt but it threw an error Diskpart has encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect....
  3. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?: I’m using a USB recovery drive to repair a computer running windows 10 OS but it seems like the hard drive is having some issues. I tried reformatting the hard drive from the command prompt but it threw an error Diskpart has encountered an error: The parameter is incorrect....
  4. How to elevate command prompt with admin permissions using usb recovery drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to Format Write-protected USB Pen Drive in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Format Write-protected USB Pen Drive in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to format a write-protected USB pen drive on Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. There are three methods to format a write-protected USB flash drive, and all of them are built into either your system or the device you are trying to format. Whether...
  6. How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt: [ATTACH]Many users want to know how to format the System or C drive using […] This article How to delete or format C drive using Command Prompt first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Formatting a Windows 10 hard drive with command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting a Windows 10 hard drive with command prompt: For the longest time I have been booting into command prompt and formating the hard drive (the one windows is on) with diskpart and the command "clean". Works every time, but I was wondering.. Is that okay? Should I not be using that? And if so, why? submitted by /u/HiP3X...
  8. formatting pen drive with diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    formatting pen drive with diskpart: I have a 8 GB usb and due to some problem as discussed here I am trying to format my USB disk which is 8 GB in size. When I insert the USB following message pops up [img] so I decided to format the usb as per a tutorial here when I execute command create partition primary...
  9. Command Prompt User Name format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt User Name format: Hi. Is there a way to change the format of my command prompt User Name? Normally it is just the user name but I have 1 pc where it is the <user name.pc_name>. This is windows 10....
  10. how to format my pen drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to format my pen drive: No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-my-pen-drive/e47f7092-0171-48ea-9f77-270a9c03fa99

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xcopy command windows 10 to usb pendrive