Windows 10: How to Format Write Protected USB

Discus and support How to Format Write Protected USB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to Format Write Protected USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yassir Ibrahim, Apr 3, 2022.

1. How to Format Write Protected USB

How to Format Write Protected USB

:)

Yassir Ibrahim, Apr 3, 2022
  2. freebird_9924, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 3, 2022
  4. AaronWolf Win User

Can't format Write-Protected USB

From my original post:

"Please do not post the same instructions for the generic diskpart and regedit techniques. Every article I have found lists those two, and they DO NOT WORK IN THIS INSTANCE."

AaronWolf, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

1. How to Format Write Protected USB - Similar Threads - Format Write Protected

2. How to Format Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Format Write Protected USB: How to Format Write Protected USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-write-protected-usb/b9a2e8f6-aa52-40df-858b-1fecf8cc7954
  3. How to Format Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Format Write Protected USB: How to Format Write Protected USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-write-protected-usb/b9a2e8f6-aa52-40df-858b-1fecf8cc7954
  4. how to format write protected pendrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to format write protected pendrive?: how to format write protected pen drive? You are not able to format the write-protected Pendrive? Well I found 3 helpful ways to format the write-protected Pendrive. Using them is a good option. BTW what's the reason behind it?Well, the main reason for this error comes when...
  5. Usb Write Protected

Usb Write Protected: I can not delete or copy anything on my usb it sasy write protected its even did same to my phones external storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-write-protected/93973814-ac33-4479-a0c8-b87845914fb6"
  6. How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?

How to remove write protection and format RAW USB flash drive?: I just got a new 32gb flash drive a few days ago and it worked fine the first time I used it on my laptop but now I can't access it at all on my laptop. When I plug it in my laptop I get an error message saying it needs to be formatted before it can be used and when I look at...
  7. USB drive is write protected; unable to format

USB drive is write protected; unable to format: I had a USB pendrive with some data in it. I accidently plugged out my pendrive while the files within it were being deleted. Ever since then, my pendrive has got write protected. It even stopped showing the storage capacity in the Windows Explorer. I checked the details of...
  8. Usb Write Protected

Usb Write Protected: Hi there I have an issue with a usb stick I don't no how it got write protected but I cant format it or anything.i have tried the disk part with cmd and it doesn't work and the disk registry doesn't work either must I throw it away?I don't no if it has something to do...
  9. Write Protected USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Write Protected USB: Hi, Yesterday I just bought a HP 32gb flash drive. And when I tried to connect it with my laptop, immediately It shows a pop up message to Format the USB first, tried formatting it with the default method (by right clicking and selecting the format option) . then it...
  10. Can't format Write-Protected USB

Can't format Write-Protected USB: I attempted to download a recovery image for my PC so I could reset it. I attempted to reset it from settings, and it said I needed a recovery media. So I downloaded the recovery media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Then I tried again, and...