Windows 10: How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

Discus and support How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,How to free up space onemail OneDrive by transferring files to computer?It is supposed to be easy, but I do not think so.I am not interested in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Antoinette1, May 24, 2023.

1. How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

Hello,How to free up space onemail OneDrive by transferring files to computer?It is supposed to be easy, but I do not think so.I am not interested in ICloud or any other gimmick, my computeris backed up every week on an external hard drive.Which technique would you recommend., and how to do it.All advise welcome.Thank you

:)

Antoinette1, May 24, 2023
  2. Judesman Win User

I can't transfer files to Onedrive

I am very confused. If I open Onedrive in IE I have the option using Share to email a file to someone or add a link to an email. However I need to transfer the files to Onedrive either by drag and drop or cilicking on open in File Explorer. Clicking on open works but drag and drop doesn't. I have trawled through some tutorials and they all suggest that I should be able to drag and drop from file explorer.

Judesman, May 24, 2023
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 24, 2023
  4. LonGun Win User

How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, May 24, 2023
Thema:

How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

1. How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer? - Similar Threads - free space email

2. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  3. free up space in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free up space in onedrive: OneDrive is using up most of the storage on my HDD and I'd like to change that. I've already done "free up space" in the OneDrive app and that didn't do anything. I uninstalled the OneDrive app, but it still left the OneDrive folder on the pc and I no longer had the OneDrive...
  4. How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?: Hello,How to free up space onemail OneDrive by transferring files to computer?It is supposed to be easy, but I do not think so.I am not interested in ICloud or any other gimmick, my computeris backed up every week on an external hard drive.Which technique would you...
  5. How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to free up space on email OneDrive by transferring files to computer?: Hello,How to free up space onemail OneDrive by transferring files to computer?It is supposed to be easy, but I do not think so.I am not interested in ICloud or any other gimmick, my computeris backed up every week on an external hard drive.Which technique would you...
  6. Onedrive won't free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive won't free up space: I have been using Windows 11 on a Surface Pro 7 for several months. As the C drive is only 120gb I have set 'Save space and download files as you use them' on Onedrive thus keeping 40gb or so free. However recently OneDrive is constantly being synced to the device using all...
  7. Onedrive and Free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and Free up space: Hello,Using Onedrive to back up folders on my W10 desktop.In order not to double up storage usage on my desktop, I am right clicking on the Onedrive folders and selecting Free up space which then grays out that option.But the next day when I go back to those folders, the Free...
  8. Onedrive Free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Free up space: Hi I wanted to Free up laptop space so I selected my Photos folder onedrive and hit free up. PC grinds away and hey presto blue cloud next to all my photo folders, Job done. However....About an hour later I get a notification saying I had deleted a large number of files...
  9. How to free up space on computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to free up space on computer?: Dell xps 15 9550. 250gb ssd samsung. Have about 30gb free of 232gb. i5-6300hq and 8gb ram Windows 10 pro I moved some music files from my c drive to my 32gb m.2 ssd that is in my laptop. It currently has 2 hard drives there. That and my main 250gb ssd samsung 2.5...
  10. How to free up space on computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to free up space on computer?: Dell xps 15 9550. 250gb ssd samsung. Have about 30gb free of 232gb. i5-6300hq and 8gb ram Windows 10 pro I moved some music files from my c drive to my 32gb m.2 ssd that is in my laptop. It currently has 2 hard drives there. That and my main 250gb ssd samsung 2.5...