Windows 10: How to free up space

Discus and support How to free up space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [ATTACH] How cand I free up space ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space/554033b0-4ef8-4c92-b2ee-001836820422 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristianAngulo2, Nov 25, 2020.

1. How to free up space

How to free up space 3c973ff2-3209-4791-ae2d-81fccace5522?upload=true.jpg

How cand I free up space ????

:)

ChristianAngulo2, Nov 25, 2020

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 25, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

How to free up space

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

How to free up space

1. How to free up space - Similar Threads - free space

2. chkdsk and dir commands report different free space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk and dir commands report different free space: Hello, I would like to know why is there different free space reported by chkdsk and dir commands. I created a compressed NTFS drive and have one folder with files in it. There are no errors on drive at least as reported by chkdsk: x:\>chkdsk x: The type of the...
  3. unable to free disk space after borked app install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to free disk space after borked app install: Hi i recently attempted an install of an app from the microsoft store Forza motorsport 4. But the download failed and cancelled half way. I attempted a fresh install but was unable to as the partially downloaded app was taking up the disk space on my drive. I am unable to...
  4. Can't Free up Space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Free up Space?: I'm trying to uninstall a game. I successfully got rid of it on desktop and uninstalled from storage, when I tried going to control panel to uninstall it didn't work, saying I may have already uninstalled the game. Except- the corresponding storage space has not been freed...
  5. Onedrive Free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Free up space: Hi I wanted to Free up laptop space so I selected my Photos folder onedrive and hit free up. PC grinds away and hey presto blue cloud next to all my photo folders, Job done. However....About an hour later I get a notification saying I had deleted a large number of files...
  6. Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit "Free up space" in the right click menu, how do I get the stuff with the...: I wanted to create a new file but my finger slipped my mouse and clicked free up space, i paused right before it hit 100% and clicked x. But I think all my folders were deleted off my hard drive (OS C:\ is the only one). How do I get them back? submitted by /u/WackyH...
  7. Windows 10 Optimize Drives -- Free space consolidation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Optimize Drives -- Free space consolidation: I know what it actually does, can i disable this process and left "defragmentation" only? Because free space consolidation cause a long time and doesn't seems to reduce possibility of file fragments from creating. I am just asking for any possible methods like registry or...
  8. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  9. System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System and Reserved Files filling entire c: drive free space 325GB: I'm having the same problem as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/e73bc888-fff5-409a-8d91-d55b6a3aa843 where no real answer was provided. In August 2020 I did a complete...
  10. I cannot free up space on my PC.

I cannot free up space on my PC.: I literally cannot free up anymore space on my PC. I can't delete anything, I can't reset my PC since space is needed to do so, I can't reinstall. I can't even update my PC anymore. I run disk cleanup, but it does nothing. I don't know what to do. I have deleted literally...