Windows 10: How To Freeze Task Manager

Discus and support How To Freeze Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes I have something that I can't shut down so I go to Task Manager to find the process and kill it. But Task Manager keeps updating and the rows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jul 3, 2021.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Freeze Task Manager

Sometimes I have something that I can't shut down so I go to Task Manager to find the process and kill it. But Task Manager keeps updating and the rows jump up and down so frequently I can't find the process, highlight it, instruct to kill it. How can I 'freeze' task manager while I do this?

:)

abrogard, Jul 3, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Jul 3, 2021
  4. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. How To Freeze Task Manager - Similar Threads - Freeze Task Manager

2. How to remove the task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the task manager?: How to remove the task manager?I can see why you vermin keep deleting it. I get it, it's shameful and embarrassing that you can't make a proper task manager, so I remade it for myself. Just wanna know how to remove your trash....
  3. How to remove the task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the task manager?: How to remove the task manager?I can see why you vermin keep deleting it. I get it, it's shameful and embarrassing that you can't make a proper task manager, so I remade it for myself. Just wanna know how to remove your trash....
  4. How to remove the task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the task manager?: I can see why you vermin keep deleting it. I get it, it's shameful and embarrassing that you can't make a proper task manager, so I remade it for myself. Just wanna know how to remove your trash....
  5. How to remove the task manager?

How to remove the task manager?: I can see why you vermin keep deleting it. I get it, it's shameful and embarrassing that you can't make a proper task manager, so I remade it for myself. Just wanna know how to remove your trash....
  6. Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched

Laptop freezes when task manager isn't launched: I am facing a problem in which my laptop freezes when I leave it idle for 5 minutes and when I check my RAM and CPU usage I have RAM and CPU monitor in taskbar both are 99%. But if I open the task manager and leave my laptop idle for even 2 hours my laptop works perfectly...
  7. How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore the Task list to Task Manager?: In Windows 10, the Task Manager is displayed after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL but the Tasks tab is missing. How can I restore the Tasks tab to the Task Manager window?...
  8. Task manager freeze for a while when opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager freeze for a while when opened: Whenever I open task manager it freezes for a second or 2 then works normally and there's a high cpu usage caused by system interrupts and trigger the dgpu. Does that indicate something is wrong or should I not worry about it? submitted by /u/yamii0 [link] [comments]...
  9. Task manager freezing up when exiting

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager freezing up when exiting: I'm having some issues with windows 10 and my task manager. I just came off a fresh install on tuesday ish. Updated everything but my task manager opens fine but after exiting it, it turns white and remains there for a good 15 seconds before going away. I also notice clicking...
  10. Task Manager hidden when game freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager hidden when game freezes: I think this is just a messup on the programmers part of Windows 10. I say this because I used Windows 7 and 8 since well... they came out and ALWAYS when I brought up the Task manager it would override the program I was currently in and show its window on top. I was...