Windows 10: How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature

Discus and support How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the owner of a laptop with a 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB HDD (D drive), I find it rather troubling that I am unable to control the installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pxartist, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Pxartist Win User

How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature

As the owner of a laptop with a 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB HDD (D drive), I find it rather troubling that I am unable to control the installation locations of numerous programs despite going into the registry editor and relocating the CommonFile and ProgramFile directories to my HDD.

Certain applications such as Microsoft Visual Studio and DaVinci Resolve will still install files and SDKs into the SSD despite being directed to install into the desired D drive. Not only so, there are also numerous files and folders unrelated to the OS that are taking up space on the C drive despite my efforts.

Is there anyway for me to override these undesired behaviors and make sure that anything not related to the Windows OS is installed into the D drive rather than the C drive? I find it rather irritating that I must worry about whether or not I have enough space to install Windows Updates and other important things that belong in the C drive, as there are rogue and undesired files taking up space.

:)

Pxartist, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Peter B Win User

Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

Any ideas on how to rectify this, please?

Thank you.

Peter B, Jan 11, 2019
  3. "Control Center installation is incomplete! please reinstall again."

Hi Adri,

Thank you for the update.

• Do you use any program related to Western Digital or Canon?
    I would suggest you to go to Control Panel and search for any program related to Western Digital or Canon and remove them.

Right click the Start button and click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program

Locate WDPrintShare in the list, highlight it, and use the "uninstall" button.

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 11, 2019
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature - Similar Threads - fully control install

2. How to fully leave the Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fully leave the Insider Program?: How do I fully leave the Insider Program?I do not want to be in the Insider Program anymore. When I try to leave the program, it says I'm not inside the Insider Program but in Settings it gives me this message: "Your device is set up to get Insider Preview Builds. If you want...
  3. How to fully leave the Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fully leave the Insider Program?: How do I fully leave the Insider Program?I do not want to be in the Insider Program anymore. When I try to leave the program, it says I'm not inside the Insider Program but in Settings it gives me this message: "Your device is set up to get Insider Preview Builds. If you want...
  4. How to fully leave the Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to fully uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fully uninstall a program: I have installed Forza horizon 4 from Microsoft store, as it's not running well on my laptop i have uninstalled it but when i installed my storage usage was 54.i have uninstalled now but its still at 93 gb.It must be stored in restore point.is there any way to fully...
  6. unknown listings in Control>Programs and Features?

unknown listings in Control>Programs and Features?: Are these 3 legitimate items newly listed in control panel>programs/features? 1. Cyberlink Power Director 14 1/30/3021 2. Cyberlink Power Director 14 1/30/2021 3. Team Viewer 2/10/21...
  7. Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option: At the top of the list, is says, "click uninistall, change, or repair". But, there is no "repair". Only uninstall and change. I don't see it either on right click menu. Help, how can this be? 1 Billion people must see this menu. How can it have this error in it? What...
  8. How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature

How to fully control the install locations of any program and feature: As the owner of a laptop with a 128 GB SSD (C drive) and a 1TB HDD (D drive), I find it rather troubling that I am unable to control the installation locations of numerous programs despite going into the registry editor and relocating the CommonFile and ProgramFile...
  9. Programs & Features Control Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs & Features Control Panel: There are more than 20 entries labeled Visual C++. Do I need them all? Which ones can I safely delete?. I have tried unsuccessfully to include a screenshot here....
  10. How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find the location of the .exe from Programs/Features: Hello, I am trying to uninstall a program but it is not letting me. How I find the location of the uninstall.exe file? I know you can go the program files and find the uninstall.exe, but my the program I am trying to uninstall is hidden. 51988