Windows 10: How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot

Discus and support How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Support needed for efi boot partition related issues.. So i recently installed ubuntu 19.04 in my ssd by shrinking some free space. I did it manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RASELMX, Aug 15, 2019.

1. RASELMX Win User

How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot

Support needed for efi boot partition related issues..

So i recently installed ubuntu 19.04 in my ssd by shrinking some free space. I did it manually in ubuntu installer .. everything was great.. So i came to know ubuntu has no driver and support officially from amd . So i decided to uninstall . (Here one thing to mention before going to the context . Grub2 was my main bootloader, windows 10 listed there as "windows bootloader manager" or something like that . when i click windows , it goes to old very old bootmenu of windows with black background and shows two os of windows . one is windows 10 and another is Microsoft windows. both the entry pointed to same windows10 os . )

I manually cleared the ubuntu partitions .. i opened msconfig i saw that two windows boot entry . both are same , i was actually on "Microsoft windows" not on "windows 10" as i selected it when booting but both are same . so i set Microsoft windows default . and deleted the other one . set back to windows bootloader through cmd . now the ugly windows bootloader is gone .. it continues to show msi logo while loading as normal . now the issue is .. since it was very very fast and responsive to boot before the ubuntu .. now when i try to boot ..a blackscreen stays for 15-20 seconds .. and then msi loading appears and windows lockscreen appears ..as normal ..

why it is taking long .. is there any problem created in efi boot partition ? and how to fix it (i don't want a fresh install of windows again) ?

i deleted efi folder of ubuntu ..but somehow ubuntu entry is still in my eufi advanced boot option

:)

RASELMX, Aug 15, 2019
  2. dcf-joe Win User

dual boot xp and ubuntu

I had that problem a few months ago, but dual-booting is really easy. I am currently dual-booting Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron. Use this website here for a guide to dual-booting XP and Ubuntu: APC's September 2019 issue is on sale now! | TechRadar (I actually did not use this guide at all, but I did pretty much the same thing!)

If you are unable to get your boot working with this guide, reply to this message, and I will write out a step-by-step guide, but it will involve you already having a partition set out for XP (as in you are not already using your entire hard drive space for XP alone.) Even though I write the guide with experience from Vista, it will work with XP

dcf-joe, Aug 15, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Angel_eye Win User

Angel_eye, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How to gain boot speed after uninstalling ubuntu/grub2 from dual boot - Similar Threads - gain boot speed

2. Dual Boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Ubuntu: I am a software developer who has recently got some embedded systems work. The support community for the tools I will be using is built with the assumption of a Linux operating system. While for other types of work-loads, such as backend work, I have been happy with my...
  3. Dual boot Ubuntu

Dual boot Ubuntu: I tried 'Ubuntu' for a while. Later got the drive deleted. [ATTACH] But the Ubuntu Boot Manager is there in the BIOS ? How can I remove that? Dr Abdul Rasheed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-ubuntu/8d273b76-c1f2-4f23-9ba6-28a4c96b9141
  4. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  5. Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall ubuntu from dual boot from dynamic disk: I have my laptop dual booted with Windows in basic drive ssd and ubuntu in dynamic drivehdd but now I wish to uninstall ubuntu. I followed some steps as they were given online: 1 In disk management in window I deleted partition where I had installed ubuntu. 2 I tried...
  6. Dual boot with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu: Hello, I wanted to dual boot with ubuntu on HDD while my windows is on SSD. Most tutorials I have seen usually show the option to select the OS they want to boot into when they start the computer. I was wondering if there is a way where I could always boot into windows...
  7. Dual boot with Ubuntu gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual boot with Ubuntu gone: Suddenly my grub is gone and when I boot my device goes directly to the Windows 10. Can I remove Ubuntu through Windows without concerns or should I need to be careful because grub is still around and probably will brick my PC? Thanks! submitted by /u/Johan144 [link]...
  8. Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10

Uninstall Ubuntu Dual boot and Repairing Dual Boot in Windows 10: Hello. I had dual-booted my Dell laptop which came with preinstalled Windows 10. I had dual booted with Ubuntu 16.04 by creating a partition on the disk. To remove this dual boot, i.e. I only wanted to keep Windows 10, I formatted the disk, drive F(in my case), where Ubuntu...
  9. Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ubuntu Dual Boot: I am using the non-metro Windows 10 boot loader to manage a dual boot setup (legacy BIOS) with Ubuntu. Generally, everything works fine. However, sometimes when I perform an update in Ubuntu, grub overwrites the Windows MBR. Then I have to use EasyBCD to restore the Windows...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...