Windows 10: How to gain control

Discus and support How to gain control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Number one, I strongly suspect that Windows 10 FORCES me to take updates, and I strongly suspect that this is either the root cause or contributing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bearcat22, Oct 21, 2019.

1. bearcat22 Win User

How to gain control

Number one, I strongly suspect that Windows 10 FORCES me to take updates,
    and I strongly suspect that this is either the root cause or contributing factor in recent crash and lockup to inescapable Preparing Automatic Repair" hanging screen.

Can't tell you version or build number, all keys and mouse totally unresponsive.

"help" thread to get me to boot isn't helping.
    First of all, I want to preserve all my Data, not erase all and reinstall Win10.

Second, tools suggested for boot are confusing and complex.
    I am using an old Win7 computer and need to create something on it that can be put
    into a Win10 computer to make it boot normally again.

I'm very old, very stressed, very confused, and I only understand when NOTHING IS ASSUMED and every step is given in excruciating detail.

What I am asking is THIS thread is:

1. How do I FORCE Win7 and Win10 to allow me to always choose what a download, from anywhere, will be named, so that the name will make sense to ME;

2. How do I FORCE that downloads will NEVER go to any "default" location, but will instead first ASK me where I think they logically belong?

3. How do I prevent Microsoft EVIL such as FORCED update downloads, or spying or any of the pushy "Use Edge " and other garbage?

:)

bearcat22, Oct 21, 2019

2. audio auto gain control

Hi Ben,

Changing the microphone settings are one of the possible ways to resolve the issue. Let's check the sound settings thru Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Go to Recording tab.
    • Right-click your Microphone, then click Properties.
    • Go to Advanced tab.
    • Uncheck the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Oct 21, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Oct 21, 2019
  4. How to gain control

volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

How to gain control

1. How to gain control - Similar Threads - gain control

2. How can I gain control of my account, it says I have limited access to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I gain control of my account, it says I have limited access to my computer: I do not have access to all the functions of my laptop as my account is set under parental controls. I am an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-gain-control-of-my-account-it-says-i/d2dc2e62-d222-4c7c-b302-2192774f4b24
  3. How can I gain control of my account, it says I have limited access to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I gain control of my account, it says I have limited access to my computer: I do not have access to all the functions of my laptop as my account is set under parental controls. I am an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-gain-control-of-my-account-it-says-i/d2dc2e62-d222-4c7c-b302-2192774f4b24
  4. How can I gain control of my account, it says I have limited access to my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.: Currently I'm locked out of an old work horse Dell windows 7. I forgot the admin password and ots locked I can get into a local user account but has no access to anything I need. Like downloading software. It will not let me it needs permissions. So I don't mind losing the...
  6. Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.

Cam anyone help me gain administrative control.: Currently I'm locked out of an old work horse Dell windows 7. I forgot the admin password and ots locked I can get into a local user account but has no access to anything I need. Like downloading software. It will not let me it needs permissions. So I don't mind losing the...
  7. Gain control of my location service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...
  8. Gain control of my location service

Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...
  9. GAINING ABSOLUTE FILE CONTROL / PRIVILEGES?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GAINING ABSOLUTE FILE CONTROL / PRIVILEGES?: What is the secret to gaining absolute file control being able to read / write / execute ALL files? i.e. I want to rename cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2102.8653.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Cortana.exe to No.exe. Access denied. Even in a System /...
  10. Microphone auto gain control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone auto gain control: When I talk loudly windows changes my gain down and when I talk quietly windows changes my gain up and I want to disable it but nothing works, I tried to update my mic driver or going to the Mic properties > Advanced, and then uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive...