Windows 10: How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos

Discus and support How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As a digital artist and previous user of Windows Photo Gallery, I believe that a photo viewer should see detail down to the smallest pixel- which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pxartist, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Pxartist Win User

How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos

As a digital artist and previous user of Windows Photo Gallery, I believe that a photo viewer should see detail down to the smallest pixel- which Windows Photos does not offer.

Is there any way for me to gain such functionality within Windows Photos?

:)

Pxartist, Jan 12, 2019
  2. RudiAnger Win User

Windows 10 "Photos" program REQUEST - Allow us to write descriptions for individual photos & Geo-Tagging

Hello!

I want to throw these two ideas to the Windows 10 "Photos" program team for future updates:

• Photo Descriptions
      • The ability to open up a photo and type in somewhere one's thoughts on it
      • Saves to that individual picture
      • Gives us the ability to write what was happening in that photo
      • Adobe Photoshop Elements has this feature, but would rather stick with Microsoft
    • Geo-Tagging
      • The ability to Geo-Tag where the photo was taken
      • Increases our capacity to better organize our photos. Many of us have tens of thousands of pictures.
    Is this a possibility for future Windows 10 "Photos" updates? I love the simplicity of "Photos", but it desperately needs a few more upgrades. I think these two would really get people excited. Thank you!

Rudi

RudiAnger, Jan 12, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos

i have lost the ability to now down load my photos in Windows 10

Hi peter,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Provide us the following information to assist you better.

• How you are trying to download the photos?

• Are you downloading the photos from internet or external devices i.e. cd, pen drive?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• What all troubleshooting steps you have performed?

I suggest if you are downloading Photos online check with different browser whether you are able to download the photos.

Please get back to us with more information so that we can assist you better.

Thank you,

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos

1. How to gain the ability to see individual pixels in Windows Photos - Similar Threads - gain ability individual

2. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos: In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos. When I go into properties/details the Rating field has "Unrated". I am unable to change this. What do I need to do to set up the 5 star rating?...
  3. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos: In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos. When I go into properties/details the Rating field has "Unrated". I am unable to change this. What do I need to do to set up the 5 star rating?...
  4. In windows 10 photo viewer there are no stars for rating individual photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application

Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application: Is there a way to add people tags to individual photos using the Windows 10 Photos application? I am familiar with the AI tagging feature which identifies unique faces throughout the entire photo collection and then allows you to name those faces. However, the AI tagging...
  6. Can Windows Photos see photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Windows Photos see photos?: I have been using the Microsoft Photos app seamlessly for a few days now. I am impressed and happy with what I have seen. I have imported many photos from my camera. However, earlier I moved my photos around in my "Pictures" folder. I have them organized nicely now, and I...
  7. I cannot open individual photos

I cannot open individual photos: I try to open stored photos On my windows 10 that constantly updates itself now an error message cannot open media it is write protected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-individual-photos/9402b98f-fcc3-4623-9551-b4efa870a3da
  8. Why do I keep seeing individual pixels on my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I keep seeing individual pixels on my display: I just noticed while reducing the volume on my computer, the volume overlay (specifically the blue volume bar) is pixelated, or in other words, I can see individual pixels. And I thought this was strange, so I closed the application I was running, and I tried doing again and...
  9. How to gain control

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to gain control: Number one, I strongly suspect that Windows 10 FORCES me to take updates, and I strongly suspect that this is either the root cause or contributing factor in recent crash and lockup to inescapable Preparing Automatic Repair" hanging screen. Can't tell you version or build...
  10. Can't open individual photos

Can't open individual photos: I can open my Photos folder and the sub folders but when I try to open an individual photo a pop up says system file error or the media is write protected. Help?!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. view individual pixels on an image

2. ability to see pixels

3. who to view individual pixels image

4. how to see the individual windows