Windows 10: How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

Discus and support How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to keep a file updated and this file is accessible by multiple users. This file can be on a folder of an internal network. When this file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavideTonin, Mar 5, 2021.

1. How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

I want to keep a file updated and this file is accessible by multiple users.

This file can be on a folder of an internal network.

When this file is on my local machine and two instances of my software try to access the file, the first gain access open and lock for everything, and when the second instance tries to open the file, the OS raises an error.

This is the behavior that I want to obtain.

Question:

If I have an internal network with mapped folders win, is this behavior guaranteed? If not, which variables are in play?

:)

DavideTonin, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Composer Win User

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Composer, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    How to share file access on private network

Kenneth,

But that is the [local] Admin account whose credentials you will use to authorise your network access [step 7 of my suggested procedure].

Denis

Try3, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

How to share file access on private network

I've worked through my own network setting up notes and posted A consolidated network setup checklist [post #108] - TenForumsTutorials

I thought providing a complete list would be more helpful than just posting additional steps as I initially did in post #6 above.

Denis

Try3, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network

1. How to gain unique access to a file in a internal network - Similar Threads - gain unique access

2. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  3. How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gain permissions to access the WindowsApps file?: I am unable to access the Windowsapps file within program files even though I am the only account on my pc. I have the administrator myself as the owner of the file but I am still unable to assign permission....
  4. Help me gain access to my files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me gain access to my files: My laptop came with a 1 tb hard drive with an additional m.2 ssd slot. After using it without ssd for a while, I recently purchased a samsung m.2 ssd. I managed to install windows on it but for some reason the windows installation on my hard drive became corrupt ( i know it...
  5. Decrypt File and to gain access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Decrypt File and to gain access: Hello, recently I upgraded to Windows 10, but I saved a couple of files from Windows 7. It has a yellow lock that signifies that is encrypted. It also says when I try to open it, "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to...
  6. Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Using unathorised files for gaining access: Hi everybody I don't know much about Security or ways to protect a computer or detecting a harmful file or removing a hidden remote program or anything related but I'm very interested in learning and knowing more about how to recognize, detect and stop a harmful file from...
  7. How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gain access to WindowsApps folder not in C?: Hello guys. I followed this guide to gain access for WindowsApps folder, and it worked. Now, I changed default drive for WindowsApps, to install Gears of War and Quantum Break(in future) in a larger drive. But the method to gain access to the WindowsApps folder, seem to not...
  8. How can I gain access to move files in my home network?

How can I gain access to move files in my home network?: I have retired a second computer and have hooked it via Ethernet to a remote location on my home. I can see the files on the remote computer and from the remote computer to the main. When I try drag/drop to get files from the main to remote, I get a permissions denied...
  9. User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network

User Cannot Gain Access To 802.1x Enterprise Network: Strange issue. On MY personal laptop, Windows 10 connects to the college WPA2 802.1x enterprise user-login wireless network just fine, but one of our students keeps getting "no internet access". It's not his account, as he wouldn't be able to connect to our network at all if...
  10. How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to gain access to the WindowsApps folder?: I already googled it and every tutorial is the same. When I go to do it, it doesn't work. I don't have a Microsoft account. I specified a local account user name. This is what I'm selecting as owner. The computer is not transferring access to the user im selecting. I want...