Windows 10: How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

Discus and support How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JIGARAHIR, Mar 1, 2024.

1. JIGARAHIR Win User

How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

:)

JIGARAHIR, Mar 1, 2024
  2. JohnTCI Win User

Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.

Have installed Classic Paint in Win 11 and would like to set it as default.

It appears in the list of Programs & Features in Control Panel and in Settings/Apps & Features, but not in the list to be able to set as default apps.

It would probably help to find out where it has installed but various searches have failed to find it.

As I have also changed the "right click" drop down menu back to that in Win 10, it would also be great to have it appear in the drop down list for "open with".

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Profuse thanks in advance.

JohnTCI, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Mar 1, 2024
  4. How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10? - Similar Threads - gate classic startmenu

2. How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10?: How to gate classic startmenu in win 11 as windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-gate-classic-startmenu-in-win-11-as-windows/37c4a99e-d304-40ce-af21-f9794b1c3865
  3. Windows 11 Startmenu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  4. Windows 11 Startmenu

Windows 11 Startmenu: Microsoft what you done, another mess up again. We have been using the start menu layout on our windows 10 devices which working all fine. We have deployed few windows 11 machine and now its not same.If a user pins their own apps while we have MDM policy in place to pins some...
  5. How To Change Windows 11 to Classic View?

in Windows 10 News
    How To Change Windows 11 to Classic View?: Microsoft has brought about many changes with the launch of Windows 11. However, the one thing many users are unhappy with is the taskbar. Many want it changed to a classic view; however, they don't know how. This article will help you change your Windows 11 taskbar to a...
  6. Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11: Hi, I have downloaded and installed Classic Paint in Win 11, as I am too old to learn the user unfriendly New Paint or the incredibly slow Photos App.Whilst it works perfectly, as it always did, with all of its logical and easy to find bells and whistles, it doesn't appear in...
  7. Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11

Set Classic Paint as the Default in Win 11: Hi, I have downloaded and installed Classic Paint in Win 11, as I am too old to learn the user unfriendly New Paint or the incredibly slow Photos App.Whilst it works perfectly, as it always did, with all of its logical and easy to find bells and whistles, it doesn't appear in...
  8. Classic backup and restore on Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Classic backup and restore on Win 10: I backed up my Win10 computer using classic Backup and restore interface in advance of reformatting partitions. That included a system image as well. Do I need a recovery disc to recover my files after a reformat?...
  9. classic view for win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic view for win 10: Dear Sir, your advice is highly appreciated. my new laptop using Win10, i need to use the classic view as win7. can you advice if this possible? if it is possiable please advice how to implement . thanks and regards mohamed...
  10. win 10 networking - the classical problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win 10 networking - the classical problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] hpbuilt: a win 8.1 all in one that does see minabuilt shared files, but nothing from hamidbuilt (this is really close to what I want) minabuilt: a win 10 home desktop that sees the network, but cannot access files from either hamidbuilt or...