Windows 10: How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware

Discus and support How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Build 19551 First, I received a How-To Geek email that linked me to this, which I read: Do You Need Anti-Ransomware Software for Your PC?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wynona, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Wynona Win User

How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware

Windows 10 Build 19551

First, I received a How-To Geek email that linked me to this, which I read:
    Do You Need Anti-Ransomware Software for Your PC?

Within the article was a link to this, which I also read and followed:

How to Protect Your Files From Ransomware With Windows Defender’s New “Controlled Folder Access”

And now, I can’t do anything. I’m being told “Unauthorized Changes Blocked”! Anybody know what I might have done wrong?

I think I can go back and undo what I did . . . I think!

:)

Wynona, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware

1. How-To Geek - Protect Your Files From Ransomware - Similar Threads - Geek Protect Files

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  4. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ransomware Protection corrupted my files: After going into ransomware protection and enabling controller folder access, I was not able run any mp4 files. There would be audio, but every video is just a blank screen. Even those that I owned prior than I know for sure worked are now black screens. Uploading them to the...
  5. Ransomware Protection corrupted my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  7. Protect yourself from Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protect yourself from Ransomware: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-controlled-folder-access-windows-10-fall-creators-update submitted by /u/wclinch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc4dp3/protect_yourself_from_ransomware/
  8. Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    Save your files to OneDrive for expanded ransomware protection: If you want an additional layer of protection from ransomware, try saving your files in OneDrive. It’s part of the new experiences that arrived with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Here’s how it works: If a ransomware threat is found on a device, Windows Defender will...
  9. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...
  10. Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware

in Windows 10 News
    Create a single file to protect yourself from the latest ransomware: There's no cure for the latest ransomware attack, but a researcher has discovered a way to prevent infection through the creation of a single Windows file. As reported by Bleeping Computer, there is a way to prevent infection -- not cure, but protect from -- which takes...