Windows 10: how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?

Discus and support how to get 16 bit color on windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, how can i change my windows 10 computer to 16 bit color? thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AfekShachi, Apr 15, 2020.

1. how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?

hello, how can i change my windows 10 computer to 16 bit color? thank you!

:)

AfekShachi, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are trying to run the program in Windows 10 as Reduced color mode from 8-bit to 16-bit, or you are trying to change the video settings within the software itself?

If you are trying to run the software in reduce color mode, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1: Change Reduced color mode through compatibility settings.

1. Right click on the program icon.
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab.
    4. Check Reduced color mode from the settings.
    5. Change the color mode from
      8-bit color to 16-bit color

Method 2: Edit Video with Roxio.

If you are trying to change the settings within the software, I suggest you refer this article to

edit video with Roxio

If you have any further question regarding the settings on the software, I suggest you get in touch with the
    Roxio Support, for better solution.

Additional information:
    Editing and Enhancing with Roxio

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Does Windows 10 support 16-bit color display?

I am using a laptop that uses AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M dual graphics 1 GB. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and found that there are no options to change the color to 16-bit. My laptop cannot handle 32-bit color as it makes my screen keeps blinking
    with horizontal lines. I'll try to update my graphics driver, but is there any way that Windows 10 can support 16-bit color display? Thank you.

kingtacchan, Apr 15, 2020
  4. how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?

Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?

1. how to get 16 bit color on windows 10? - Similar Threads - bit color

2. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit: Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-monitor-color-depth-6-bit/49514766-4668-40c1-8ad4-64ecc80924fb
  3. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit: Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-monitor-color-depth-6-bit/49514766-4668-40c1-8ad4-64ecc80924fb
  4. Why is my laptop monitor color depth 6 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra una profundidad de color de 6 bits con...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra una profundidad de color de 6 bits con...: Tengo una computadora portátil Notebook Hp. La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra la profundidad de color en 6 bits cuando todos los controladores de pantalla amd están instalados. El color parece desteñido por alguna razón. Si elimino el controlador y vuelvo al...
  6. La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra una profundidad de color de 6 bits con...

La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra una profundidad de color de 6 bits con...: Tengo una computadora portátil Notebook Hp. La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra la profundidad de color en 6 bits cuando todos los controladores de pantalla amd están instalados. El color parece desteñido por alguna razón. Si elimino el controlador y vuelvo al...
  7. La configuración de pantalla avanzada muestra una profundidad de color de 6 bits con...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  9. Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors: Title says it all.Running Windows 11 on Virtualbox 6.1.28, dual monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stuck-at-8-bit-color-depth-with-a-pair/c302d4a9-517a-444a-b909-77642f9e2eef
  10. Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors

Windows 11 stuck at 8 bit color depth with a pair of 24 bit monitors: Title says it all.Running Windows 11 on Virtualbox 6.1.28, dual monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stuck-at-8-bit-color-depth-with-a-pair/c302d4a9-517a-444a-b909-77642f9e2eef

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error 16 bits color selected

2. Setting Graphics Card Software to Display 16-bit Output

3. how to change 32 bit to 16 bit colour

4. Change Windows 10 to 16 bit color,
  5. run 16bit colour on windows 10,
  6. 16-bit 32-bit colour compatibility problems with older programs