Windows 10: HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES.

Discus and support HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Dell Vostro laptop computer. I have two monitors and I want to use the lap top screen as the 3rd monitor. I'm using a WAVLINK dual docking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillC#1969, Dec 12, 2019.

1. HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES.

I have a new Dell Vostro laptop computer. I have two monitors and I want to use the lap top screen as the 3rd monitor. I'm using a WAVLINK dual docking station. All 3 of my screens are up, but all are displaying what is on the laptop screen. When I go into displays it says no other displays are identifiable. How do I make each screen have its own content???

:)

BillC#1969, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES. 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 12, 2019
  4. HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES.

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES.

1. HOW TO GET 2 MONITORS TO DISPLAY DIFFERENT FILES. - Similar Threads - MONITORS DISPLAY DIFFERENT

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  9. How to set each monitor to a different display

How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  10. differing Monitor displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    differing Monitor displays: My two expansion monitors used to display the same background as my main one in extended mode. the main display is the same but the extras only show a Black background...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 monitors 2 different works