Windows 10: How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ?

Discus and support How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have to move many files in a program which I am using. When I want to move a file, a dialog box pops up and asks me to browse to the folder where I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Bansaw Win User

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ?

I have to move many files in a program which I am using.
    When I want to move a file, a dialog box pops up and asks me to browse to the folder where I'd like to put it.

This dialog box is small and unfriendly, and I have to click down the folder structure time and time again.

Is there a way to tell Win10 to invoke a better "Browse for folder" dialog box, that at least remembers what the last file location was?

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? [​IMG]

:)

Bansaw, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

@Brink :

Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position?

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to
    the previous version?

New file Save As Browse dialog box

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? c4e1512d-57d9-4aa7-a6f7-8e59d13e2b36?upload=true.png

Preferred Save As Browse dialog box

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? 15196b42-9eff-479f-b444-d881d4cd7051?upload=true.png

TrishArndt, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

Yes, frustrating!
    I'd like it to open about 1080 high, but then the bottom buries itself below the Taskbar on next opening! *Sad

Oh well, whaddaya gonna do! *Wink

Thanks, though!

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? - Similar Threads - better Browse folder

2. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  3. Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes: Win10Pro64 v2004. Greetings... I've just finished the build of a new PC, and I'm bothered by the large number of useless folders that are displayed in the left pane of open and save dialog boxes. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see. I'm hoping for advice about how to...
  4. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  5. Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box: For last few days when ever I right click in File Explorer or other instead of a menu I get a Windows dialog box "Window Installer" and message "Preparing to Install" with one option "Cancel". I am not installing. Just want right click menu. Dialog box remains and computer...
  6. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  7. Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically jump to folder in Open and Save dialog boxes: Earlier this year after updating Windows there was a neat feature that when a Save or Open/Import dialog box in a program opened that I could click an open Windows Explorer window and the dialog box would automatically jump to the same directory. This saved me a lot of time...
  8. Dialog box customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog box customization: What file has all the dialog boxes ? Such as file explorer? The icons in the ribbon?John*cry 140382
  9. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864
  10. Window Dialog box error!

Window Dialog box error!: My new PC got this font error in dialog box as follow. May I know I how to solved this? Thanks. Best Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-dialog-box-error/1f3af4c3-2ed2-4302-957d-071483256ae0