Windows 10: How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ?

Discus and support How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have to move many files in a program which I am using. When I want to move a file, a dialog box pops up and asks me to browse to the folder where I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Bansaw Win User

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ?

I have to move many files in a program which I am using.
    When I want to move a file, a dialog box pops up and asks me to browse to the folder where I'd like to put it.

This dialog box is small and unfriendly, and I have to click down the folder structure time and time again.

Is there a way to tell Win10 to invoke a better "Browse for folder" dialog box, that at least remembers what the last file location was?

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? [​IMG]

:)

Bansaw, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

@Brink :

Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position?

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to
    the previous version?

New file Save As Browse dialog box

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? c4e1512d-57d9-4aa7-a6f7-8e59d13e2b36?upload=true.png

Preferred Save As Browse dialog box

How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? 15196b42-9eff-479f-b444-d881d4cd7051?upload=true.png

TrishArndt, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

Yes, frustrating!
    I'd like it to open about 1080 high, but then the bottom buries itself below the Taskbar on next opening! *Sad

Oh well, whaddaya gonna do! *Wink

Thanks, though!

Edwin, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get a better "Browse for folder" dialog box - is it possible ? - Similar Threads - better Browse folder

2. How to get rid of the dialog box after print screen ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the dialog box after print screen ?: [ATTACH] Each and every time when I do a print screen , it’s showing this dialog box. How can i print screen and paste it in word doc without this dialog box opening in the middle ? How to turn this off ? submitted by /u/Radiant_Ad382 [link] [comments]...
  3. What to do if i get this dialog box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do if i get this dialog box: wwhat to do if i get this diqlog box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-get-this-dialog-box/0eae24e4-fb92-4108-a832-bf5ab0749999
  4. What to do if i get this dialog box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if i get this dialog box: wwhat to do if i get this diqlog box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-get-this-dialog-box/0eae24e4-fb92-4108-a832-bf5ab0749999
  5. What to do if i get this dialog box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Browse For Folder Dialog Issue - Only Desktop: In several programs, when I need to set a folder location for example, and open the Browse Dialog, I'm only shown the Desktop folder. I can't access any folder outside of "Desktop". It doesn't make a difference to run the programs as admin.Specs:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version...
  7. Save as, Browse files dialog box not responding for some software

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save as, Browse files dialog box not responding for some software: When I tried to use open dialog box for some software, the dialog box not display correctly and then close the software all together. As you can see from the picture below some software browse dialog box has similar case like this. Hope someone could help.[ATTACH]...
  8. Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes: Win10Pro64 v2004. Greetings... I've just finished the build of a new PC, and I'm bothered by the large number of useless folders that are displayed in the left pane of open and save dialog boxes. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see. I'm hoping for advice about how to...
  9. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  10. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864