Windows 10: How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny

Discus and support How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know how to get a list of folders that exist in a source folder structure but don't exist in the destiny folder structure. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Nov 22, 2020.

1. How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny

Hi,

I would like to know how to get a list of folders that exist in a source folder structure but don't exist in the destiny folder structure.

For example: source E:\My Files \ destiny: F:\My Files\

I want to know all Folders that exist in E: but don't exist in F:

I have been using this but I was wondering if there is something better or simpler without using Find...

robocopy "E:\My Files" "F:\My Files" /e /nfl /l |find /i "new dir"

:)

ricardobohner, Nov 22, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 22, 2020
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Nov 22, 2020
  4. enso Win User

How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny

1. How to get a list of folders that exist in source but not in destiny - Similar Threads - list folders exist

2. Folder That Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder That Does Not Exist: I download multiples archives through, but during the process, I delete some of it. And now, there are folders that exist and I simply can't delete them, and they hinder all file transfers. When I try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the folder, even though it shows...
  3. How do you get "X:\Sources"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get "X:\Sources"?: I've been trying to convert my disks from MBR to GPT, however, it did not work.I followed a guide on a website about solving this issue through disk. This required me to assign one partition as letter : W, and the other as B:.Then the next step was to run the command...
  4. How do you get "X:\Sources"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you get "X:\Sources"?: I've been trying to convert my disks from MBR to GPT, however, it did not work.I followed a guide on a website about solving this issue through disk. This required me to assign one partition as letter : W, and the other as B:.Then the next step was to run the command...
  5. How do you get "X:\Sources"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. folder list

in Windows 10 Support
    folder list: I want to move PDF files to a PDF folder which I have.&nbsp; Th e PDF folder doesn't show on my move to folder list.&nbsp; How do I add the PDF folder To my list? when I create a New folder with a PDF name, it doesnt show upon my list.<br> 183701
  7. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  8. How to make list of files in a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list of files in a folder?: Can someone please tell me How to make list of files in a folder using cmd? Thanks. 163333
  9. How to get folders as lists not details

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get folders as lists not details: I'm new to win10 ver 1909. My folders show as details. I prefer them shown as lists. I go to to the view tab/options/change folder search options/view/apply yo all folders but they still show up as details when I go back to them. Is there a way to permamently keep them as...
  10. Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting folder to open in "LIST" view automatically !: I have a shortcut on my desktop to "APPS" ( every app on my computers) so that I do not have to go to the START screen. I want it to always open in the "list" view but it defaults to icons. I have tried opening as administrator, looking in "Files and Folders " for a solution...