Windows 10: How to get a new font to work?

Discus and support How to get a new font to work? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed a new font called Lombok Typeface. When using it with any program, it shows up on the fonts list, but the actual font comes out as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TempestxShadow, Oct 6, 2018.

1. How to get a new font to work?

I recently installed a new font called Lombok Typeface. When using it with any program, it shows up on the fonts list, but the actual font comes out as comic sans or something similar to it. When I go to the font preview where it says "the quick brown fox" the lettering is also in comic sans. Now here's the interesting part. When I press start and use the font search, it shows up just fine. How can I get the typeface to show up correctly,and not in the default comic sans?

:)

TempestxShadow, Oct 6, 2018

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Oct 6, 2018
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Zaspera Win User

How to get a new font to work?

Font kind of blurry

I just built a new gaming rig and am using an XFX 6950 and an ASUS 23.6" monitor. On some pages, I notice some fonts are a bit blurry and strain my eyes. Any idea how I can fix this? I am using windows 7, so please make the steps work for that. Thanks.

Zaspera, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

How to get a new font to work?

1. How to get a new font to work? - Similar Threads - font

2. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  3. Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nepali Unicode font display reversed and made no sense in MS Word: I prepared a file using Nepali Unicode in MS Word yesterday. Today, when I opened the file again, I was surprised that the words were completely reversed and made no sense. What could be the reason for this? And what is the solution to this problem?...
  4. windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font: hii have seen this problem with others but couldnt find solution for it,i changed the font using the registery method, it did but the search bar stopped workingi have restored the font back to default and restarted several services like the other methods said but it seems to...
  5. windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font

windows 11: search bar stopped working when i changed the font: hii have seen this problem with others but couldnt find solution for it,i changed the font using the registery method, it did but the search bar stopped workingi have restored the font back to default and restarted several services like the other methods said but it seems to...
  6. How do I reset my font size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my font size?: How do I reset the font size on my laptop? And could this have caused other issues with logging into sites? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-font-size/63271dc2-951a-410b-9525-ab90e0749453
  7. How do I reset my font size?

How do I reset my font size?: How do I reset the font size on my laptop? And could this have caused other issues with logging into sites? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-font-size/63271dc2-951a-410b-9525-ab90e0749453
  8. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  9. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  10. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!