Windows 10: How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro

Discus and support How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, in consultation with safety regulators, we announced a voluntary replacement program for all Surface Pro AC power cords sold before March 15,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro

Source: How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro | Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  2. z3r010 Win User

Thanks, replacement ordered *Wink

:)

z3r010, Jan 20, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Weedler Win User

Unable to boot to my Windows 10 installed notebook

Sadly my computer does not power on at all. It is completely dead.. The battery indicator light is out and it is still plugged into a surge protector power cord. The other items on the cord are still working. We swapped AC power cords with another computer
    and my cord works fine on another computer. The swapped one did not work on my computer, it remained dead.

Thank yiu for your reply, I can't power up at all.

Weedler, Jan 20, 2016
  5. It pays to be "plugged in" to this situation *Tongue (soft tomatoes only please - ouch!)

Jody Thornton, Jan 20, 2016
  6. orlbuckeye, Jan 21, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I guess he didn't read the post..

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

This is for getting a FREE replacement for a defective power cord instead of what you posted. *Wink

Brink, Jan 21, 2016
  9. You should be able to to that at the store also. Either at the store online and they will send it to you or a store at the mall. They are there to help the customer out. They want to make your Surface experience pleasureable. In fact they want you to replace it as soon as possible. It like if you have a recall on your car you don't go to the auto part store you go to the dealer.

orlbuckeye, Jan 21, 2016
  10. z3r010 Win User
    Oh FFS, read the bloody thread!!!!

z3r010, Jan 21, 2016
  11. bookfox Win User
    ^ LOL. Agreed!

bookfox, Jan 23, 2016
  12. How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro

Absolutely brilliant! Not!
    Clicked on the link, which took me to the MS Service page for my location, filled in all the requested information, only to be told at the end that this service is not available for your country location (Luxembourg) - with no suggestion of an alternative process!

CargoMatatu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get a replacement AC power cord for your Surface Pro - Similar Threads - replacement power cord

2. Surface Pro 7+ possible replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7+ possible replacement: Hi there,I have a Surface Pro 7+, its Serial Number is 003009210253. It has recently had problems due to overheating as a result of being brought on-the-go for work often, and this has left the screen being unable to light up, however it still shows content on the screen very...
  3. Surface Pro 7+ possible replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7+ possible replacement: Hi there,I have a Surface Pro 7+, its Serial Number is 003009210253. It has recently had problems due to overheating as a result of being brought on-the-go for work often, and this has left the screen being unable to light up, however it still shows content on the screen very...
  4. Surface Pro 7+ possible replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix atibtmon.exe Runtime Error when disconnecting AC power cord

in Windows 10 News
    Fix atibtmon.exe Runtime Error when disconnecting AC power cord: [ATTACH]If when you disconnect or unplug the AC power cord from your Windows 10 […] This article Fix atibtmon.exe Runtime Error when disconnecting AC power cord first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. 100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5

100% CPU usage while on AC power plugged to Surface Pro 5: After Microsofts new windows update, I have very strange behaviour on my surface. My surface pro 5 with i7 cpu and 16GB of ram was supper fast and was working super smoothly. I got an windows update about a month ago and after that, my surface is a trash, here is my problem...
  7. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  8. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  9. Universal power cord

Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  10. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8