Windows 10: How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

Discus and support How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible. I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Markg2, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Markg2 Win User

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool?

There was no posting option for the snipping tool so I posted the closest possible.

I don't think I need to click the snip tool icon to open Paint to get a straight highlight line?

I grab a screen shot with the snip tool. I choose the highlight tool but, unlike Word, the yellow highlight line does not snap straight but stays the crooked line that I draw.

Solution?

Mark

:)

Markg2, Nov 27, 2018
  2. zatenzu Win User

Windows snipping tool highlight straight

In the Windows Snipping Tool, I would like to know how I can use the highlighter tool to draw straight lines?

zatenzu, Nov 27, 2018
  3. CodeIt Win User
    Windows snipping tool highlight straight

Windows snipping tool doesn't have any way to let us draw straight lines by pressing Shift. Windows Ink Workspace is another tool that supports snipping and drawing the snipped portion. It has a virtual ruler that helps us to draw straight lines.

To enable Windows Ink Workspace

To launch the workspace, click or tap the pen-shaped Windows Ink Workspace icon that appears in your notification area.

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool? ugDJ8.jpg

Tap the "Screen sketch" block. It will be the third block in the list. It will automatically take a screenshot of your display and load it for your sketching.

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool? i0amw.jpg

Navigate to the pen bar at the top right of the screen.

Select the ruler icon. This looks like a diagonal ruler.

Place the mouse on top of the ruler and use mouse scroll wheel to rotate and position the ruler.

Sample Sketch

How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool? 7L39G.png

Hope this helps.

CodeIt, Nov 27, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

snipping tool and highlighting by pointer

Hello,

We suggest that you run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows apps
    and see if it helps with resolving your issue with the Snipping tool.

May we know from where are you highlighting the text for us to take a better look into your highlighting issue.

We look forward to your prompt response.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get a straight line highlight -- Snipping tool? - Similar Threads - straight line highlight

2. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  3. How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of Snipping Tool Completely: In my organization, we require the use of GreenShot instead of the Microsoft Snipping tool. This was working beautifully in Windows 10 LTSC, but with the upgrade to Windows 11 the snipping tool is relentless. We have uninstalled the snipping tool, gone into the registry and...
  4. Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text?: Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-the-ruler-tool-how-do-we-draw-a-straight/9dfafec3-c8cc-4972-ae7e-835535240056
  5. Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text?

Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text?: Without the ruler tool, how do we draw a straight highlight over text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-the-ruler-tool-how-do-we-draw-a-straight/9dfafec3-c8cc-4972-ae7e-835535240056
  6. Set Line Width and Color in Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Line Width and Color in Snipping Tool: Is there a way to set the line width and color in one step in Snipping Tool for Windows 11? Currently the window closes after you pick the line width or color, then you have to click again to set the other parameter....
  7. Set Line Width and Color in Snipping Tool

Set Line Width and Color in Snipping Tool: Is there a way to set the line width and color in one step in Snipping Tool for Windows 11? Currently the window closes after you pick the line width or color, then you have to click again to set the other parameter....
  8. Highlighter option not work on Snipping Tool windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighter option not work on Snipping Tool windows 11: There seems to be a dotted line across the highlighter icon, that was not there before when my computer was updated to Windows 11. When I hover over the highlighter, it says "see more." If I hover over the pen, it says "ballpoint pen" so hovering over the highlighter should...
  9. Highlighter option not work on Snipping Tool windows 11

Highlighter option not work on Snipping Tool windows 11: There seems to be a dotted line across the highlighter icon, that was not there before when my computer was updated to Windows 11. When I hover over the highlighter, it says "see more." If I hover over the pen, it says "ballpoint pen" so hovering over the highlighter should...
  10. Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?: I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still look good. I've searched all over and can't find an answer anywhere. I hope this is allowed here, I can remove it if it's not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool highlight straight line

2. snipping tool straight line

3. snipping tool highlighter straight line

4. how to highlight straight in snipping tool,
  5. straight line with highlighter tool in snipping tool windows,
  6. snip and sketch draw straight line,
  7. straight highlight snipping tool,
  8. snip and sketch straight line,
  9. draw straight line snipping tool,
  10. how to draw a straight line in snipping tool,
  11. snipping tool draw straight line,