Windows 10: how to get access/permissions to external drive Users file that would not boot that is...

Discus and support how to get access/permissions to external drive Users file that would not boot that is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Was attempting a Windows update/win 10 on win 7 desktop that had a wrong prod code...not mine...added by a computer repair person. After attempting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by karhas, Aug 27, 2020.

1. karhas Win User

how to get access/permissions to external drive Users file that would not boot that is...

Was attempting a Windows update/win 10 on win 7 desktop that had a wrong prod code...not mine...added by a computer repair person. After attempting the update, my computer got a disk error and would not boot. I have a little data on the system so did not want to risk doing a system restore. I pulled out both RAID sata hard drives and set one as a "slave" drive to my win 10 laptop. I need to pull Outlook data files off of these drives. I can access to all files on the drive but Users/myname. Tried setting permissions and even sharing but just runs and runs. How can I get access to the files on the external slave drive that is connected to my win 10 laptop?

:)

karhas, Aug 27, 2020

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Aug 27, 2020
  3. GarySabia Win User
    Trouble accessing files on external hard drive

I am am having trouble accessing files from an external hard drive. Getting 0x80004005 error message and other errors "can not access files". I have shared and given permissions for all the files but still no luck

The external hard drive was one of a shared network of hard drives but I have been able to access all the others....

THoughts? Suggestions?

GarySabia, Aug 27, 2020
  4. j.col70 Win User

how to get access/permissions to external drive Users file that would not boot that is...

j.col70, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. how to get access/permissions to external drive Users file that would not boot that is... - Similar Threads - access permissions external

2. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of access permission to external drives on network: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on both laptops I have two laptops at home. One of them has two external portable drives connected and I've had sharing setup for both the drives for several months along with two folders on the laptop. I've been able to access them all from the other...
  3. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of access permission to external drives on network: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on both laptops I have two laptops at home. One of them has two external portable drives connected and I've had sharing setup for both the drives for several months along with two folders on the laptop. I've been able to access them all from the other...
  4. Loss of access permission to external drives on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive: how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-boot-camp-files-moved-to-external-hard/4c31e864-9439-4f8b-8df4-7b0ff49066c9
  6. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive: how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-boot-camp-files-moved-to-external-hard/4c31e864-9439-4f8b-8df4-7b0ff49066c9
  7. how to get boot camp files moved to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Drive access permissions

Drive access permissions: I get the message that I do not have permission to access D/System drive. The message says to go to the permissions security tab but I am unable to locate it. Help required please....
  9. I can't get permission to open an external drive

I can't get permission to open an external drive: Somebody gave me an old iOmega external drive with some files I need. I get a "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" error message when I try to open it. I click Continue, Sharing Tab (Properties has no Security Tab), Advanced Sharing, Full Control,...
  10. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...