Windows 10: How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

Discus and support How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SuitUp33, Apr 4, 2022.

1. SuitUp33 Win User

How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout etc. I've tried it all, nothing. The password just isn't right and I can't log in. I've managed to make a local account for myself, so I can maybe change the password via command prompt or windows settings. It just gives me the same error as always: "Acces is denied". This is due to her account being added under the admin

:)

SuitUp33, Apr 4, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Kursah Win User
    Managing password resets for local admin

Need more clarification on the matter, from what I'm seeing you're asking if you can somewhat automate managing passwords on hundreds of printers, scanners, mfp's. Without more details such as what brand(s) and model(s) you're using, confirming the capabilities of account management for those, we can speculate and make suggestions but they might not be as helpful as you'd like.

With some of those devices, finding out if they're tied to RADIUS or LDAP and if you're also taking advantage of security group assignments, that would be vastly more helpful. Then at that point if you're utilizing access privileges and restrictions based on security groups for devices to manage who even has authorized access. I would assume a company that size is likely running with all of those in-place, but you know what they say about ASSumptions. *Wink How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords? ;)

Beyond that setting an extremely complex password for the default admin or disabling that account and creating a uniquely named account that only you and your security team know would be the way to go as well. Would still be a lot of manual work, and not sure what you can truly do to avoid that, so make the manual changes really count for something where you can. Security management in IT isn't easy, and access control is one of those things that takes a lot more involvement at various stages to do and execute correctly.

I'd say make the account name changes, make the password 64+ chars long, and perform annual or bi-annual changes as needed. Again, hopefully as-far-as user access-control, you're able to take advantage of a directory sync service and manage access from a print server with security groups.

Kursah, Apr 4, 2022
  4. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

1. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords? - Similar Threads - access disabled admin

2. how to remove a hidden admin account without the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a hidden admin account without the password: My ex husband has a hidden admin account in my computer and hes blocking me from everything I need to remove his account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-hidden-admin-account-without-the/ddd5cf8e-d318-4efa-9ff9-de5b9fc0bd65
  3. how to remove a hidden admin account without the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a hidden admin account without the password: My ex husband has a hidden admin account in my computer and hes blocking me from everything I need to remove his account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-hidden-admin-account-without-the/ddd5cf8e-d318-4efa-9ff9-de5b9fc0bd65
  4. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  5. How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?

How to get access to disabled admin accounts without knowing the passwords?: Hi, I have an issue regarding windows 10 log in. My family member uses a Lenovo laptop, and she has always used the same password as always. Now she says her password isn't working. Yes, I've tried using the password with big letters and small etc, changed the keyboard layout...
  6. Remove Admin account without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Admin account without password: Hi,My previous employee set up a admin account without my knowledge on a laptop. He has passed away and I can't make any changes to the computer without the password. Is there a way in windows 10 to remove the account or start fresh? I don't have an installation disc for...
  7. Remove Admin account without password

Remove Admin account without password: Hi,My previous employee set up a admin account without my knowledge on a laptop. He has passed away and I can't make any changes to the computer without the password. Is there a way in windows 10 to remove the account or start fresh? I don't have an installation disc for...
  8. Remove Admin account without password

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Heeeelp!!How to get admin without the password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Heeeelp!!How to get admin without the password?: Hi! I'm trying to install some applications in my grandma laptop but she got an admin account for a long time, we don't have the password, and we can't delete the admin account. I tried everything, since she don't want ro reset the computer. Can someone help me to get the the...
  10. Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make an account an admin account without having access to the password of...: I am unable to login to my local admin account due to a password change gone wrong and have been operating from a secondary account since then, however, not being able to install new programs is starting to be a hindrance and I would like to know if there’s a way I can make...