Windows 10: How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop

Discus and support How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem with access to my account. I use Lenovo Thinkpad running Microsoft 10, which I received from another person. The laptop is encrypted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TylaCooper, Nov 24, 2018.

1. How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop

I have a problem with access to my account. I use Lenovo Thinkpad running Microsoft 10, which I received from another person. The laptop is encrypted but everything had worked without problems until I decided to add another user account on the same machine. I logged in this new account, then I switched users to log in my old account but it is no longer available because it requires the password, which I don’t know. I tried my Microsoft account credentials, my local user name and local password. No effect. My old account is an administrator account so I cannot change anything from the other user account. Please help to get my account back.

:)

TylaCooper, Nov 24, 2018
  2. modder Win User

Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypting_File_System

modder, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Partial Encryption of Laptop

Hi all.

I use to use TrueCrypt so that I could have only part of my laptop encrypted, and now TrueCrypt is no more *Sad.
    Can somebody suggest a replacement for TrueCrypt: I want to have an encrypted volume/part of my laptop on my laptop. I want the rest of the laptop not to be encrypted.

Any help really appreciated!

winchesterstoke, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop

1. How to get access to the account on encrypted laptop - Similar Threads - access account encrypted

2. How can I un-encrypt or get access to these files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I un-encrypt or get access to these files?: Hi there,After recently downgrading from W11 to W10, I placed all of my data onto both a hard drive and SSD identical copies so I could transfer it back when I had completed the downgrade. I successfully transferred about 9 tenths of the files with no issues, however, there...
  3. How can I un-encrypt or get access to these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I un-encrypt or get access to these files?: Hi there,After recently downgrading from W11 to W10, I placed all of my data onto both a hard drive and SSD identical copies so I could transfer it back when I had completed the downgrade. I successfully transferred about 9 tenths of the files with no issues, however, there...
  4. How can I un-encrypt or get access to these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I access encrypted File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access encrypted File?: I recently did a factory reset of my PC. Before i did that, i moved an encrypted file to a thumb drive. I have a new user account and PC name and cannot access the encrypted file on the thumb drive. I do not recall how I encrypted the file, but chances are it was encrypted...
  6. How do I access encrypted File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I access encrypted File?: I recently did a factory reset of my PC. Before i did that, i moved an encrypted file to a thumb drive. I have a new user account and PC name and cannot access the encrypted file on the thumb drive. I do not recall how I encrypted the file, but chances are it was encrypted...
  7. Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get Bitlocker full disk encryption (not device encryption) on a laptop...: I’m part of a Microsoft 365 Home family plan. Is there any way to implement full disk encryption using Bitlocker in this scenario? Or is Bitlocker FDE exclusively available to Windows 10 Pro editions? Device encryption isn’t enough for my use case - I need to be able to...
  8. Accessing encrypted files

Accessing encrypted files: I have files on my backup hard drive which I cannot access - they have little padlock symbols on them. After trying many different things, I get two messages: 1. There is a problem decrypting the files - access denied or words to that effect 2. "You need administrator...
  9. Unable to get access to files encrypted on Windows 7 computer

Unable to get access to files encrypted on Windows 7 computer: When my computer ran Windows 7, some files were encrypted by mistake. Unfortunately I didn’t know that they were encrypted. Then I took backup of the data, formatted the computer and installed windows 10. Now these files are unusable. How can I get access to them?...
  10. how to access encrypted memory stick

in Windows 10 Support
    how to access encrypted memory stick: so at my school when i plugged in my memory stick, it automatically started encrypting, there was no option. now at home when I try to access it I am asked for a password. but that is saved on my account at school. what can I do? it has all my important stuff on it! 112787