Windows 10: How to get activation code from drive that will not boot

Discus and support How to get activation code from drive that will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a hard drive failure on my PC. Was able to repair it enough to read files from the drive, but it will not boot to Windows 10. I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TC-KC, Dec 19, 2019.

1. TC-KC Win User

How to get activation code from drive that will not boot

I had a hard drive failure on my PC. Was able to repair it enough to read files from the drive, but it will not boot to Windows 10. I created a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows. Is there a way to browse the drive to find the product code, without starting Windows 10? Thanks!

:)

TC-KC, Dec 19, 2019
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Dec 19, 2019
  4. How to get activation code from drive that will not boot

Wiped Hard Drive Can't Boot Vista

I did try every possible boot order and even with deactivated options, which I don't even know how or if that is helpful. I will try the Vista possibilities. The OS was listed in the BIOS, whatever that means, and it said it was a factory version, which I think is a good thing.

The PXE error messages may have occurred when I activated the network adapter and tried that in the boot order. Obviously, I am in way over my head. Thanks for the suggestions!

Techtardette, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

How to get activation code from drive that will not boot

1. How to get activation code from drive that will not boot - Similar Threads - activation code drive

2. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  3. How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows 8 to boot from a second drive on Windows 11: SUMMARY: I'm trying to run Windows 8 from a dual boot Windows 11 installation. ERRO MESSAGE: Error code: 0xc0000001 Recovery screen with some options If none selected it turns off the laptop.SYSTEM: Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, OS build 22621.3296HISTORY: The SSD drive was...
  4. how to get users to boot from c drive instead of home drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get users to boot from c drive instead of home drive: We switched from vm's to new surface's and we want users to store their data on the C drive instead of their home drive on our servers but still on a domain account. How can I do this? When I look at the user in the C drive there are only like 3 folders in there instead of...
  5. how to get users to boot from c drive instead of home drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get users to boot from c drive instead of home drive: We switched from vm's to new surface's and we want users to store their data on the C drive instead of their home drive on our servers but still on a domain account. How can I do this? When I look at the user in the C drive there are only like 3 folders in there instead of...
  6. How to get windows activation code back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get windows activation code back?: So I had an issue with Windows, srttrail error or something. I cleared my drive and reinstalled with the Windows media creation tool. Now since I reinstalled I don't have windows activated and I'm not sure how to get the code because I would rather not buy another copy of...
  7. How to seperate boot partition from c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to seperate boot partition from c drive: Earlier my pc had both boot and primary partition seperated from each other but now when i formatted it... It was a single partition. How can i seperate boot and primary partition submitted by /u/DarkIncorp [link] [comments]...
  8. how to change boot drive to ssd drive from system drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot drive to ssd drive from system drive: My widows 10 computer crashed and would not boot. I lost my recovery disk and borrowed one from my spouse. Her system booted from a system drive while my system booted from a SSD drive. After recovering my computer, it no longer boots from the SSD drive. What is the best...
  9. how do i get my activation code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i get my activation code: how do i get my activation code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-activation-code/ccba0715-2bd8-4894-9166-8e1ffae4f929
  10. Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive: My Win 10 Pro system failed hard and I was unable to recover it. I bought a new Win 10 Home system I would like to upgrade my Home system using my (now unusable) Pro license. Is it possible to recover that Key? I have the old drive mounted and it is readable, just not...