Windows 10: How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick

Discus and support How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NTDEV14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8cmlx/how_to_get_admin_rights_on_a_standard_user/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NTDEV14, Jun 13, 2020.

1. How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick

/u/NTDEV14, Jun 13, 2020

2. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Xbeh Win User

How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick

Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps

I Would like to know if there are any options to grant admin rights for certain apps to standard users.

such as update and reinstall rights. only to specific applications.

Thema:

How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick

1. How to get admin rights on a standard user without sethc.exe trick - Similar Threads - admin rights standard

2. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  3. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  4. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  5. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  6. Disable User Account Control without Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable User Account Control without Admin Rights: When trying to run an .exe i get prompted with User Account Control: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Is it possible to bypass this without having admin user name and password? I know I could clean install windows 10 but it requires creating a...
  7. Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps: I Would like to know if there are any options to grant admin rights for certain apps to standard users. such as update and reinstall rights. only to specific applications....
  8. Stuck as standard user with no admin rights - help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck as standard user with no admin rights - help!: Hi I foolishly changed my account from administrator to a standard user and now I have absolutely no rights to anything on my computer including the more nuclear option of a fresh restart. I have looked at various forums and tried to see what to do but I am completely...
  9. Admin Password with Standard User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin Password with Standard User: I don't know the admin password and I have a standard account! Can someone please help me?????????????!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-with-standard-user/69ab0540-cab7-4199-b339-04cb7d920478
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178