Windows 10: How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?

Discus and support How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the snap to side or quadrant of screen frequently. I would very much like if Windows would remember where they were snapped when I closed them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bnemec, May 24, 2019.

1. bnemec Win User

How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?

I use the snap to side or quadrant of screen frequently. I would very much like if Windows would remember where they were snapped when I closed them so that next time I open the app it opens where it was at.

As a work around I will manually position the window "close" to the edges of the screen, but that's tedious and as I get close it will snap it to the edge.

Another option would be if it could apply it's snapped to location and size to the "Restore Down" window display state.

Thanks

:)

bnemec, May 24, 2019

2. Dragging windows to snap app windows does not work

Thank you very much for your response.

• When I try to snap an application window into place from a task view it bounces right back into its original place. There are no messages that accompany this behavior.
      • This happens in both the laptop and tablet modes.
      • However, if I right click onto a window, I am given a choice of: snap left, snap right, move to, show this window on all desktops, show windows from this app on all desktops, and close.
      • In the multitasking setting, I have all the options in SNAP set to “on.”
    • I keep the computer current on all the latest updates ( I check every Tuesday).
    • My computer uses Windows 10, version 1703, OS Build 15063.483
    Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Bob

Bob in St. Louis, May 24, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, May 24, 2019
  4. How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 24, 2019
Thema:

How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it?

1. How to get an app to snap to the place it was when I closed it? - Similar Threads - app snap place

2. app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa: When I have only one snap region - ie: iy fills the whole screen, it appears that the app running there doesn't get any mouse clicks. If I resize the snap regions such the one with the app no longer takes up the whole screen, the clicks come through....
  3. app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app doesn't get input when in the only snap aewa: When I have only one snap region - ie: iy fills the whole screen, it appears that the app running there doesn't get any mouse clicks. If I resize the snap regions such the one with the app no longer takes up the whole screen, the clicks come through....
  4. When I alt+tab, app gets closed but it's running in the background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I alt+tab, app gets closed but it's running in the background.: Hi everybody!This issue has just arose. I have never had something like this. So:I alt+tab an application, the app is running in the background noises are coming and everything, but it's not viewable anymore/ and it's not in the bottom tab as well. I recently recovered my...
  5. When I open a window and place it in the right corner, then I close the folder and when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open a window and place it in the right corner, then I close the folder and when I...: First screenshot is without problemAnd second screenshot is with problem check right corner between folder and desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-window-and-place-it-in-the-right/b0d2fba2-230a-457b-9bcb-d31fbd6e8dca
  6. When I open a window and place it in the right corner, then I close the folder and when I...

When I open a window and place it in the right corner, then I close the folder and when I...: First screenshot is without problemAnd second screenshot is with problem check right corner between folder and desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-window-and-place-it-in-the-right/b0d2fba2-230a-457b-9bcb-d31fbd6e8dca
  7. When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .

When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .: So , I Just started my laptop and it said "services.exe is now configured to services.exe run at startup " . Then i got a threat which is the services.exe , so i removed it through the security app . and now When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes . in...
  8. Snap application windows to specific places.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap application windows to specific places.: I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all...
  9. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  10. How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run task when app is open and close it when app is closed?: Hi there, I'd like to know how I can run a specific file (a single executable that runs in the background by default/AHK script) the moment a specific program launches and close when that app is closed Windows 10 Pro x64 Kind regards 105255