Windows 10: How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

Discus and support How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tracit99, Aug 8, 2015.

1. tracit99 Win User

How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu

I have opened the Paint program add least 100 times in the past two days. It has never been added to the Most Used area of the Start Menu. What do I need to do to get Paint to show in Most Used on the Start Menu?

:)

tracit99, Aug 8, 2015
  2. JTBurnett Win User

How to re-add ''app'' on Most Used List on start menu

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's turned on. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu :)

Again, it seems if you tell it to disregard a program in that list it will.forever; no changing your mind later.

Is there an employee directory of Microsoft Engineers that will show who designed this feature?

JTBurnett, Aug 8, 2015
  3. marks1964 Win User
    How to re-add ''app'' on Most Used List on start menu

Hi,

There several options for you to choose from:

When you go into the ALL APPS list to access an App, if you Right click
    on it you will get these options:

• Pin to Start - which pins it as a tile
    • More > Pin to the Taskbar - which pins it as a icon

Also, if you pin it to the Start Menu, you then can drag and drop the tile on to the desktop as a shortcut.

Kind regards,

Mark

marks1964, Aug 8, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

i dont know the answer ,but a suggestion ,why not pin it to taskbar if you use it that much

caperjack, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. How to get an item added to Most Used on Start Menu - Similar Threads - item added Used

2. How to get item back to start menu without installing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get item back to start menu without installing.: Like I have Spotify on start menu and I just click it and I uninstall because I doesn't want to click and it gone.I want it back without install it, can you help me?...
  3. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  4. Adding an item to the new context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  5. The "most used" section of the start menu is useless because it includes items pinned to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The "most used" section of the start menu is useless because it includes items pinned to...: I already have those apps pinned. Most used should be for the apps I choose most manually from the start menu alphabetical list itself. As in, those I haven't already pinned myself to tiles or the taskbar. Is there any way to change this behavior? Because as it is, the...
  6. Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles

Adding Start Menu items to existing user profiles: Here's my current scenario... I have windows 10 1709 deployed to my organization via MDT. As part of the MDT deployment process I have implemented a specific start menu using the Import-StartLayout method in my task sequence. This has worked great and all my shortcuts...
  7. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  10. How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add Items to "Most Used" menu?: Dear experts One of the benefits of Windows10 that returned back from Windows7 is the Recent Menus. Unfortunately, this feature is associated with the "Most Used" section in the Start Menu. As most users, I used Office application frequently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint,...