Windows 10: how to get back a file taken away by windows defender

Discus and support how to get back a file taken away by windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to get back a file taken away by windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JunkDummy, Oct 28, 2018.

1. JunkDummy Win User

how to get back a file taken away by windows defender

:)

JunkDummy, Oct 28, 2018

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

how to get back a file taken away by windows defender APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers

*Smile how to get back a file taken away by windows defender :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Oct 28, 2018
  4. how to get back a file taken away by windows defender

Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. how to get back a file taken away by windows defender - Similar Threads - file taken away

2. my email taken off outlook.com How do i get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my email taken off outlook.com How do i get it back: need a phone # to talk to a person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-taken-off-outlookcom-how-do-i-get-it-back/2a8001d3-010b-4f84-8600-074eb32600da
  3. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  4. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  5. how to get back Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?: Whenever I try to launch the Windows Security app, a pop-up appears saying “Check the Store for more info about Windows Security.”So, I click a button quoted "Get help with this".This is what pops up:This started happening ever since I ran a System Restore, as I downloaded an...
  7. How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?

How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?: Whenever I try to launch the Windows Security app, a pop-up appears saying “Check the Store for more info about Windows Security.”So, I click a button quoted "Get help with this".This is what pops up:This started happening ever since I ran a System Restore, as I downloaded an...
  8. How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?: While downloading an old game, my PC got infected with nasty malware. Unknowingly, I gave it administrator access, and it instantly removed Windows Defender from my PC. I run Windows 11, although my processor doesn't support it. I downloaded Windows 11 from the official...
  9. How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?

How to get Windows Security or the Windows Defender back?: While downloading an old game, my PC got infected with nasty malware. Unknowingly, I gave it administrator access, and it instantly removed Windows Defender from my PC. I run Windows 11, although my processor doesn't support it. I downloaded Windows 11 from the official...
  10. How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get my quarantined file back from Windows Defender?: I followed the instructions to find the file, added it to the "allowed" list, but Defender will not let me restore it or access it - just shows as quarantined with no option to get it back. I'm going to keep the majority about what I think of this to myself because I don't...