Windows 10: How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?

Discus and support How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My brother was trying to open the Help file in Hard Drive Sentinel with the ? icon but it asks which app you want to open this file with? Looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scopio, Dec 17, 2018.

1. scopio Win User

How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables?

My brother was trying to open the Help file in Hard Drive Sentinel with the ? icon but it asks which app you want to open this file with?
    Looking at his Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default application by file type for .chm files the Microsoft HTML Help Executables icon does not show, it asks to go to Store to install an app to open the file with!
    How can Microsoft HTML Help Executables be restored?

How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables? [​IMG]

:)

scopio, Dec 17, 2018

2. Microsoft HTML Help and Windows 10

Hi Vincent,

Microsoft HTML Help Technology version 1.4 is only supported in older versions of Windows. You would have to use a device running on Windows 7 and older. You can use this
    link as a reference for the
    Microsoft HTML Help system requirements.

In the meantime, we recommend posting your suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us to continually improve your experience with our product. To submit a feedback, follow these steps:

• Type Feedback Hub in Cortana Search.
    • Press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant.
    • Choose the appropriate Category and Subcategory.
    • Hit Submit.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Kristine Arp, Dec 17, 2018
  3. RLA60 Win User
    .Chm-file does not show images when opened with right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft HTML Help Executable or from within application F1

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your reply. When opening the .chm file in IE images shows correctly.

The regsvr32-commands does not make any difference.

The default app for .chm-files is (default) set to Microsoft HTML Help Executable.

By double click the .chm-file opens in Microsoft HTML Help Executable and shows the images in the .chm-file correctly. Same thing by right mouse click->Open...->Microsoft HTML Help Executable

But the strange thing is that when I use right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft HTML Help Executable images are not shown. (And the same happens by pressing F1 in the applications)

So there is a difference in behaviour between opening the .chm-file by double click or
    right mouse click->Open...->Microsoft HTML Help Executable on the one side and F1 or right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft
    HTML Help Executable on the other side.

And it is reproduceable on different Windows 10 systems.

One with Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 build 16299.726 and the other with Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 build 17758.1.

RLA60, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Rohit_R Win User

.Chm-file does not show images when opened with right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft HTML Help Executable or from within application F1

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The version of Windows 10 you are using is Enterprise, there are certain settings that are different from normal Editions of Windows 10. Your Windows issue is more appropriate to be posted in TechNet forum. Please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get back missing Microsoft HTML Help Executables? - Similar Threads - missing Microsoft HTML

2. How to get back into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back into Microsoft store: I have been trying to download HP Smart print. It takes me to Microsoft store. At that point I get an error message on the screen that says sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right. Try refreshing or come back later.I have seen how to fix it in the...
  3. How to get back into Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back into Microsoft store: I have been trying to download HP Smart print. It takes me to Microsoft store. At that point I get an error message on the screen that says sorry about that! Something went wrong, but we are making it right. Try refreshing or come back later.I have seen how to fix it in the...
  4. Microsoft Store missing and unable to get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store missing and unable to get it back: for reason, i have to reset computer and then the Microsoft Store missing, i couldn't get it back. i tried to follow online suggestions and none of them works.1. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  5. Microsoft Store missing and unable to get it back

Microsoft Store missing and unable to get it back: for reason, i have to reset computer and then the Microsoft Store missing, i couldn't get it back. i tried to follow online suggestions and none of them works.1. Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  6. Save executed scripts/ HTML code in browser?

Save executed scripts/ HTML code in browser?: How can I automatically save scripts executed in the browser or the whole HTML code. When I click on an IP-Logger link it gets information like screen size or user-agent through all the scripts but the page is only shown for a short time and I am of course redirected to the...
  7. is it possible for a .HTML file to execute itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible for a .HTML file to execute itself?: I was downloading a mod for a game and upon clicking download I clicked on the wrong link (yeah silly me), it downloaded some sort of .HTML file but Windows Defender instantly removed it. Is there a possible chance I just got infected? submitted by /u/Lauty_6 [link]...
  8. Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft HTML Help Executable HIDPI bug: Microsoft HTML Help Executable In the HIDPI environment, the size of the font, as well as the size of the picture is confusing. the origin manifest: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <!-- Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation --> <assembly...
  9. Missing icons how to get back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons how to get back: My icons are missing and i have these three icons in top left corner. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/missing-icons-how-to-get-back/012f7e8a-3ff9-4142-acfd-25eecdf552af
  10. Update History Is Missing. Help Getting it Back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update History Is Missing. Help Getting it Back.: I noticed this morning, when I was trying tocorrelate a problem I was having with Quicken, that my update history is missingfrom Settings\View your Update History. I realize that I can see it in ControlPanel\Programs\Programs and Features\Installed Updates but I’m curious if...