Windows 10: How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

Discus and support How to get back old network icon in taskbar?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903 (aka the May 2019 update) introduced a new networking tray icon, which gets shown when the PC is offline: However, I don't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aniket_rajput, Jun 29, 2019.

1. How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

Windows 10 1903 (aka the May 2019 update) introduced a new networking tray icon, which gets shown when the PC is offline:

However, I don't like this icon, because first, it also shows when the PC is connected to a network, but doesn't have internet access ( aka intranet ), and second, it doens't let me tell if I have the WiFi enable or not without opening the network flyout. Is there anyway to bring the old behaviour back?

:)

aniket_rajput, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 29, 2019
  3. blockie Win User
    Taskbar no network icon

Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks.
    How do I get the the icon on the taskbar?
    Bill

blockie, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

Network icon missing from taskbar

Hi Wailana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you recently make any changes on the computer?

Which edition(Home or Pro) of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

This can be caused by several reasons. The network icon could be missing from the task bar, the network services might not be running or the issue could be with Windows explorer.

Let’s see if we can get the network icon back on taskbar by following the methods given below.

Method 1: Enable Network icon from settings.

• Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification area click on
      Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Toggle the switch to on for Network icon to make it appear on taskbar.
    • Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off. Toggle the switch for Network icon to turn it on if it is off.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

• Right click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Under Process tab, look for Explorer process.
    • Right click on Explorer process and select
      Restart option to restart the process.
    • Exit Task Manager and see if the network icon appears in the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back in case you need any further assistance and let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

How to get back old network icon in taskbar??

1. How to get back old network icon in taskbar?? - Similar Threads - old network icon

2. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  3. How to get the icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the icons back: After moving OneDrive off of the SSD system disk and starting OneDrive on demand, two things have happened that are inconvenient:some icons are just dummies on the desktop and taskbar. How may I change the setup to return the icons to normal?when I start TurboTax software, I...
  4. How to get old wifi icon back in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get old wifi icon back in task bar: Computers A&B below are both Win 11 Home 22H2. Computer A came with 22H2. B was upgraded to 22H2.How can I get the WIFI ICON that is on computer B on computer A. It is nice to see the WIFI signal strength by just looking at the task bar rather than by having to open another...
  5. How to get old wifi icon back in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get old wifi icon back in task bar: Computers A&B below are both Win 11 Home 22H2. Computer A came with 22H2. B was upgraded to 22H2.How can I get the WIFI ICON that is on computer B on computer A. It is nice to see the WIFI signal strength by just looking at the task bar rather than by having to open another...
  6. How to get back the old UWP icons ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get back the old UWP icons ?: I wanted to know how to get the old microsoft UWP app icons back ? [ATTACH]<--------- i want those back [ATTACH]<------------ NOT THOSE Thanks, Eskerm...
  7. How to get old Monochrome icons back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old Monochrome icons back?: I think the Fluent icons look great for 10X, but I just don't like how cartoony and android-like they are on my PC. I liked the simpler black/white ones. Is there an icon pack I can install, or can I even find the icons and if I can how can I change icons for in-box apps?...
  8. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20
  9. How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" icon in the taskbar back?: Hello How do I get a "Network Activity Indicator" back in Windows 10 (x64)? (Like previous versions of Windows used to have about 7 years ago!) I tried installing this but although it ran, nothing has appeared in the task bar. Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7...
  10. Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted the Folder icon from taskbar - how to get it back: Greetings all, I accidentally deleted the default folder icon that comes standard with Windows 10 home. Well, I didn't delete it, I hit the "Unpin from taskbar". Where do these icons go when you unpin them? And how can I get it back? I know I can replace it with File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get old network taskbar