Windows 10: How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

Discus and support How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Greg Carmack - Windows, Sep 23, 2019.

1. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows Mode to Dark (which now includes colors), and also the Default Apps Mode to Dark if you want another color there, too. Some report Dark Apps Mode will turn it black so you'll need to experiment.

Once you do that choose an Accent color below that, or tick the box to Pick an Accent color from your background, below that tick the box to Show Accent Color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center, and also on Title Bars and Windows borders if you want your choice of color there, too..

This is further illustrated in this tutorial: How to change color modes on the Windows 10 May 2019 Update | Windows Central

For example, I notice that when I choose Custom colors for Windows and Apps, then check the boxes for Transparency (more an enhancement than transparent) and Pick a Color from my Backgrounds, apply it to Taskbar, Start Menu and Title Bars and Windows, it gives the darkest colored task bar and Windows frames, a slightly less dark Start Menu, and more brightly colored apps - all in a blue theme it's selected from my desktop slideshow Theme. But you can customize this to any other color or combination from the color palette.

For Themes I use the spectacular free slideshow Themes from the Store that will install to the Personalization > Themes panel to choose from:

Windows Themes - Microsoft Store
    Note if you choose a new Theme you'll need to redo the above steps afterwards.

I hope this helps.

:)

Greg Carmack - Windows, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 23, 2019
  4. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

Is it possible to change the color of the menus associated with the taskbar?

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to personalize the color of the Taskbar menus on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the color context of the Task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start and navigate to Settings >
    Personalization > Colors

2. Turn off the Automatically pick an accent color from my background
    option.

3. Choose your accent color and turn on the
    Show color on Start, taskbar and action center
    and Make Start,

taskbar, and action center transparent.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

1. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - colored Taskbar Start

2. Any way to get back to the colored tiles start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get back to the colored tiles start menu?: Don't get me wrong, i love the look of the new transluscent start menu style, but I liked the colorful style from before the update better, and I also used TileIconifier for some tiles, so my start menu was truly beautiful imo. Now with the transluscent tiles, it all has gone...
  3. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  4. How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903

How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903: In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows...
  5. Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903

Windows 10 taskbar and start menu not working after May 2019 update 1903: Tried a few of the suggested fixes found on this site and elsewhere but nothing has worked. I don't have dev profile activated, yes I have firewall running, no I haven't installed any other software other than the update to make this happen.... This is a bone stock W10...
  6. Colors display wrong after May 2019 Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Colors display wrong after May 2019 Windows 10 update.: I have a Dell Inspiron 5570 with an Intel UHD 920 graphics adapter. After the most recent Windows 10 update (May 2019) colors on my display show up as the complimentary color of what the actual color should be; blue is burnt orange, red is green, etc. I have tried updating...
  7. How to get Windows May 2019 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get Windows May 2019 Update?: My laptop is on build 1809. I ran Windows Update but did not get the New Version. I found that I could download the new build using the update assistant: [img] The downloaded file already exists on my pc - I keep all my downloads in a download map - since 7/12/18 so this...
  8. How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update: In early April, we announced enhancements to the Windows update process to improve the user experience with more control, transparency, and the initial availability of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update through the Windows Insider Program’s Release Preview ring to focus on and...
  9. Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is around the corners and the debut of the next update will also bring some new refinements to the Start menu. The improvements are not as substantial as the ones in the initial updates of Windows 10, though the refinements should...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482