Windows 10: How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903

Discus and support How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Greg Carmack - Windows, Sep 21, 2019.

1. How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903

In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows Mode to Dark (which now includes colors), and also the Default Apps Mode to Dark if you want another color there, too.

Once you do that choose an Accent color below that, or tick the box to Pick an Accent color from your background, below that tick the box to Show Accent Color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center, and also on Title Bars and Windows borders if you want your choice of color there, too..

This is further illustrated in this tutorial: How to change color modes on the Windows 10 May 2019 Update | Windows Central

For example, I notice that when I choose Custom colors for Windows and Apps, then check the boxes for Transparency (more an enhancement than transparent) and Pick an Color from my Backgrounds, apply it to Taskbar, Start Menu and Title Bars and Windows, it gives the darkest colored task bar and Windows frames, a slightly less dark Start Menu, and more brightly colored apps - all in a blue theme it's selected from my desktop slideshow Theme. But you can customize this to any other color or combination from the color palette.

For Themes I use the spectacular free slideshow Themes from the Store that will install to the Personalization > Themes panel to choose from:

Windows Themes - Microsoft Store

I hope this helps.

:)

Greg Carmack - Windows, Sep 21, 2019

2. Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Taskbar weird color

Hi Thom

That is the version 1903 feature update . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

That should revert the Taskbar to its correct color and also allow you to change the color of the Taskbar . . .

DaveM121, Sep 21, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903

Taskbar color

Hi Daniel

That is the version 1903 feature update . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

DaveM121, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903

1. How to get back the dark/colored Taskbar and Start Menu after v.1903 - Similar Threads - dark colored Taskbar

2. How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Start Menu and Taskbar Colors in Windows 11: [ATTACH]When it comes to customization Windows 11 has gotten even better. The Menus are easily accessible, and there are more options. Since Start Menu is one of the biggest highlights, here is how you can change the Windows 11 Start Menu and Taskbar Colors. How to Change...
  3. Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of text in windows taskbar and start menu: I want to change the color of icons on taskbar and windows start menu's text also to black without changing my theme. It is very hard to read icons and start menu's text in white color. Image above for reference. Is it possible? If yes then please assist me....
  4. Any way to get back to the colored tiles start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get back to the colored tiles start menu?: Don't get me wrong, i love the look of the new transluscent start menu style, but I liked the colorful style from before the update better, and I also used TileIconifier for some tiles, so my start menu was truly beautiful imo. Now with the transluscent tiles, it all has gone...
  5. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  6. Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, v 1903 Start Menu problems: Right Click on Start, options not all working now. Disk Mgmt, Computer Mgmt, both command prompts, and file explorer, nothing happens when selected. Left Click on start, command prompt does work. 150758
  7. How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update

How to get back the colored Taskbar and Start Menu after May 2019 Update: In Version 1903 they changed the default Light color mode to light grey, but this color can be changed by going into Settings > Personalization > Colors and changing the top dropdown menu labeled "Color" to Custom mode. Below that you must then change the Default Windows...
  8. Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to 1903 - Start Menu color can't be changed: Greetings, After I installed the latest update (1903) my (full screen) start menu colour defaulted to black and can't be changed anymore. I’m able to change the colour under "personalize" and the colour changes everywhere - except my start menu. If I change the start menu...
  9. Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar

Change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar: This post is intended for Build 9926 and you are using the default Start Menu. To change the default Color of the Start Menu & Taskbar go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Personalization > Color And Appearance then select Show Color Mixer. These 3 sliders will...
  10. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482